Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Prints splitting/cracking

kemporama
(@kemporama)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi-  I'm brand new to 3d printing, only have had printer for about a week.

I'm having an issue that whenever I try to print anything, at some point the layers will split at some point and start to curl up.  See attached photo. It doesn't split the entire layer, usually it stays about half attached.  I'm assuming this has to do with the temperature but I've tried different combinations of settings with no luck.  

Ender 3d Pro, Hatchbox PLA.  Both black and white filament have done it.  I usually set the nozzle to 200 degrees and the bed to 80 degrees.  After reading online that hot temps can sometimes cause this issue, I've tried combinations down around 180 and 60, with the extruder fan on to try to cool it faster, but no luck.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@kemporama It has nothing to do with cooling, there is no extrusion at the seams. I suggest you observe what the extrusion state is like when the printer prints to the defect. Is there something wrong with the extrusion clamp?

ReplyQuote
kemporama
(@kemporama)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin  Could you tell me what you mean by "extrusion clamp?"  

I'm also getting this sometimes when prints won't stick to the glass bed.  I've tried using gluestick and hairspray, and I still have problems frequently.  

What are the ideal temperatures for the bed and extruder to be at when printing?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@kemporama The extrusion clamp means the extrusion gear. For PLA filament the best temperature is 55/200 for the hot bed and nozzle.

But your problem has nothing to do with temperature, Please check your extruder. I do not think it works correctly.

ReplyQuote