Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Prints just will not stick!!

jstrubberg
(@jstrubberg)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Ok, this is frustrating.  I can’t even complete a test print.  

I’ve leveled the bed multiple times.

I’ve tried nozzle temperatures from 200 to 250 degrees.

I’ve tried bed temps of 50 to 100 degrees

ive used an Elmers glue stick (all I could find locally).

Most of the time I’m lucky to get the skirt printed.  Out of fifteen tries, I’ve managed to half print two benchies.

I’m just about at my wits end with this printer.

ReplyQuote
livinlowe
(@livinlowe)
New Member Registered

Try the print glue on amazon. I bought some, seems to work well

ReplyQuote
KArthur1
(@karthur1)
Active Member Registered

@jstrubberg

I was also struggling to get a print to lay down. What did it for me was getting the location of the Z home switch correct.  This has to be set AFTER the bed leveling procedure. Before I did this correctly  I tried glue, sugar and painter tape trying to get a good first print.  Nothing worked. After I got the height correct, the prints stick great to the carborundium glass and release when the glass is cool (no extra sauce required).  Here is how I got mine to print a great first layer.

1. Level the bed. Turn the knobs and roughly compress the springs about half way. Then use a piece of paper and check the distance at all four springs. 

2. Loosen the Z home switch and move it down out of the way. Lower the nozzle down to the bed using the piece of paper as a gauge.

3. Without moving the nozzle height, slide the home switch up slowly.  You should hear it click as you move it up and it contacts the bottom of the horizontal framework.

4. Tighten the switch.

5. Move the nozzle up a 1/2 inch or so and HOME the machine.  After it homes, check the gap between the bed and the nozzle using the piece of paper again.  IF you are too high, you can use the control to move the nozzle down in small increments.  This will give you an idea of how far you need to move the switch. If you are too close, you need to adjust the switch up.

6. Keep doing this until you can get the gap just right after you home it.

The setup instructions that comes with the printer leaves out these instructions.  I think that is why a lot of people struggle with this.

Good Luck with it.

ReplyQuote