Notifications
Clear all

Printer wont power on.

gbartley
(@gbartley)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone

I was in the process of a 44 hour print and Cura crashed 50% of the way through the job. The printer stopped printing waiting on the computer. I then stopped the print the job on the printer but the printer was not responding to the stop command. I then powered off the printer to clear the print job. When I turned the printer back on the screen does not light up like it did before. I then opened the Cura software to see if the software could see the printer and that is a no. 

Has anyone see this before and can offer some advice? 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@gbartley A very easy way to judge if your mainboard is broken. Do not power on your printer, just connect the USB cable with the computer. If the screen light on means the issues on your mainboard or power supply. 

ReplyQuote
gbartley
(@gbartley)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@Kevin I did your test as you laid out and the screen did not come on. I then looked at the idea maybe the mainboard is the issue. So out of desperation and nothing to loose I reload the firmware again and that fixed it. I am reprinting again. 

For anyone that comes across this post have a copy of your working bin file as you may need again. 

Thanks for the response Kevin!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@gbartley  The screen did not come on seems hardware issue. But anyway, glad to hear you fixed it! Unexpected rescued by yourself. ? 

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

While it's good that you got your problem fixed.  Your setup sounds weird.

3d printer does not work like a traditional printer.  It should not be depend on your computer and Cura.  It should be either SDcard(Offline) printing or Wifi box/Octopi(Online) printing.

ReplyQuote