Notifications
Clear all

Printer Will Not Work

bcaza
(@bcaza)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Setup printer and tried to print the cat.  part way through, I paused it and removed the SD card to add a couple files to it to print later.  Printer would not resume the print.  Tried to do an auto home and that would not work.  Tried to upgrade the firmware to see if that would fix the auto home issue (Verified the board and it is a 4.2.2) and no luck - all I get is a black display - not even the creality logo - did firmware upgrade on the display with no issues, but have not been able to upgrade or restore firmware - using

Ender-3 V2_4.2.2

Marlin-2.0.1 – V1.0.2 (Factory Firmware)

Any ideas?

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by bcaza

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@bcaza You removed the SD card?! For sure the printer will not resume the print. I suspect your firmware flashing process is not correct 😥 You can find many videos on Youtube related firmware flashing.

ReplyQuote
bcaza
(@bcaza)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin - formatted the card, put the .bin file on the card.  Also copied the DWIN_SET Folder to the card - inserted card and booted.  Only things on the card - .bin in the root of the card and DWIN_SET in the root of the directory.

I said root but it is windows and in the correct directories.

How long should the firmware upgrade take? 

ReplyQuote
bcaza
(@bcaza)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

OK so this is weird.  I have the 4.2.2 board, and even opened up to check, but when I put the 4.2.7 firmware on it, it worked!

ReplyQuote
bcaza
(@bcaza)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

However, still will not auto home...

will try to flash again using 4.2.2

ReplyQuote
bcaza
(@bcaza)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Well that worked!  No idea why... Thanks!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@bcaza I guess that removing the sd card while the print did not finish makes your printer stupid. The printer is stuck on an instruction somewhere.

ReplyQuote