Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Print level's 'jumping'

Kaelan
(@kaelan)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Have a new Ender 3v2 (1st printer). My first 2 spools of FDM went well, but the 3rd was a complete failure. After changing the nozzle & cleaning out the head the printer is now extruding well but it fails after several layers are printed.

I've identified the issue as the extruder and spool. Mainly, when the spool goes tight when the filament goes round it appears to stick and not feed into the extruder (and thus level jumps). If I hand feed 20cm off the spool from time to time so the FDM is 'loose' I don't get this issue.

Has anyone any advice on how I can rectify this issue, or is there something I can do the extruder so it can feed properly?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@kaelan I got a similar issue on my Ender 5 plus. When I use a new spool of filament, the extruder gear seems can not push the filament effectively due to the weight of the filament. In your case, you could check the extruder gear carefully, try to adjust the screw for the spring to make the bite of gears tight.

ReplyQuote
Kaelan
(@kaelan)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

OK, I'll give that a shot...

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Kaelan
(@kaelan)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Found out that printing off a new filament holder with bearings helped solve the issue. Turns out the filament spool had indentations on it that was causing it to slightly stick. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@kaelan  For sure, if there is a bearing to assist, the filament spool can rotate better. It can reduce the risk of gear plane filament.

ReplyQuote
dodgecandle
(@dodgecandle)
Active Member Registered

@kaelan which model did you print?

I have a Ender 3 Max with a rack and I do not find any model which suit the mount.

This post was modified 2 months ago by dodgecandle

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

ReplyQuote