Notifications
Clear all

Inconsistent printing

qubit
(@qubit)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi y'all,

First off, I apologize if this topic was already posted somewhere in this forum.

I'm new to printing an tryin to get a grasp on it. I've done a bunch of smaller models, and am learning supports as I go. I have an Ender 3 V2. 

I had to reinstall my firmware yesterday because my printer screen decided to go blank. The newest firmware release installed, but didn't allow the print head to function and locked up the motors. So, I had to backtrack to an older version. Got it working again and attempted to level the bed. 

I have the CR Touch Auto leveling kit to help. But leveled all corners manually, and adjusted the Z axis. 

As I was trying to print a base plate last night, I noticed the PLA not layering down properly on the first layer. I added a short video clip to display the problem. I've tried to level the bed again, test the heat on a smaller print to see if there was a problem there and it printed fine. It just seems to not want to print that first few layers evenly. 

Any tips or ideas as to what's goin on here, and how I should go about troubleshooting this? This machine is less than a month old. 

ReplyQuote
stroland
(@stroland)
New Member Registered

ive found that dust builds up on the rails.but it looks like some of the wheels on the up down track may need a justed.

ReplyQuote