Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 V2 skewed prints

BarriCA
(@barrica)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Everybody,

I hoping you might be able to help me. I recently bought a 2nd Ender 3 V2 on behalf of my workplace. I have an Ender 3 V2 at home for personal use and it has been fantastic straight out of the box with no issues.

The new one however has been a bit more troublesome.

The main problem I’m experiencing is the parts are every so slightly skewed, like they are being printed on a slant. Its really difficult to see or measure, but I can just tell the parts aren’t quite right.

If it helps, a little back ground.

Running a stock Ender 3 V2 with upgraded “yellow” bed springs.

Running OctoPi to load all G-Code

Cura Slicer

Printing PLA @ 60 degrees bed temp, 205 degrees hot end.

I have assembled the printer twice now, taking care on my second time to make sure everything was correctly aligned using a surface table and engineering squares/measuring equipment. When I put a square from the Z extrusions to the main base they are true, and I also checked across the extrusiosn for any twist – again OK. I have also used some accurate spacers to align the X axis gantry each side, the gantry sits nicely on both sides when I manually turn the leadscrew.

After initial setup the x and Y dimensions were fine, the Z and extruder needs slight tweaks to the steps, but are now OK.

Have printed a couple of 20mm calibration blocks and dimensionally they are fine, within 0.1mm, which is acceptable.

However, when I look at the cubes I can *just* see they look slightly rhomboid, as I look at the Y face it looks like its leaning slightly to the right, which would be leaning slightly back if I were viewing from the front of the printer.

The thing is, I cant even really measure the error even using a surface table and calibrated square, but can just see the block doesn’t look true.

I have tightened all my belts so they have a slight “twang” and all axis are running smoothly on the rollers.

Normally, I’d put this down to it being a budget printer and think no more, but having worked with my home printer for 6 months or so now I’ve never noticed this issue, which makes me think its something with this printer?

I have put some pics at the attached, but appreciate its difficult to see.  

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmW9RfaB

I appreciate any advice anyone can offer, as its driving me crazy. 

Many thanks 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

Hi, thanks for sharing. as you mentioned, I can see the slightly skewed as well. The first thing that comes to my mind is your belt issue? but you have to check them.

Could it be your illusion, do you have a vernier caliper?Measure some points for the same edge? As the picture show, B should larger than A if it is slightly skewed. 

ReplyQuote