Notifications
Clear all

LD-002 glass on buildplate?

Frankndem
(@frankndem)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello, I'm pretty new to resin 3d printing, have done lots of prints in the past with FDM but now I'm transitioning to this kind of making things.

Recently, I got a gift in the form of a LD-002 (not H, not R, just LD-002) and by watching videos and seeing images, I realize maybe mine has an aftermarket attachment, since it has a piece of semi frosted glass attached to the buildplate. Is this ok, normal? Is glass good for resin 3d printing? I want to get a magnetic steel plate so it could be easier to detach prints from it; should I remove the glass?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@frankndem Some users use glass as the build plate, nothing wrong with it, as long as it does its job---hold the model. The only issue with the glass is that it might be hard to remove the prints. I believe the glass is also attached to the aluminum plate somehow. 

Magnetic steel can be added to the glass directly(you would lose about 5mm print height) or on the original plate. It depends on how easy to remove the glass. 

ReplyQuote
Frankndem
(@frankndem)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu Yes, glass is attached with some kind of glue, but it seems that it doesn't covers the back surface evenly, so maybe it could be easy to remove. Also, I wonder, why does the LD-002 didn't lasted too much in the market, the one with the red acrylic and hinges for the cover? I can't see reviews of that model across the internet, it even disappeared from the Creality catalog.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@frankndem I have never seen a 002. All I have used are 002R and 002H. I think Creality changed some parts of 002 and turned it into the 002R. 

ReplyQuote
Frankndem
(@frankndem)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liuPossibly. Save for the metal frame, hinges and lack of air filter, the rest looks exactly like the 002R

ReplyQuote