Forum

Ender 3 Max Changin…

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Max Changing Nozzle and shorted out wires now blue screen.

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Was changing out nozzle when I accidentally cut the 2 small white wires and created a spark. Now my screen stays blue even after trying to update the firmware. Will run but nothing else happens.

kevin kevin 20/07/2021 12:17 pm

Is the wire above the heater? That is the thermistor. The screen should not be blue if you only cut the thermistor wire, just lost the temperature feedback. So I guess there is also a short circuit that burned out the mainboard.

1Slowrolla 1Slowrolla Topic starter 21/07/2021 6:09 am

So would that mean just replacing the mainboard then? I dont mind doing so the only thing i will have to figure out is which one to get. Where would i look to know the exact one to replace with or upgrade from?

kevin kevin 21/07/2021 10:31 am

Not hurry. I suggest you find out if your mainboard is broken or only the screen burnt out. https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/3d-printer-display-screen-issues/ Please follow this article to check which part is broken.

If you want to buy a new mainboard, it should be v4.2.2(32 bits HR4988 Drive).

1Slowrolla 1Slowrolla Topic starter 22/07/2021 4:22 am

Am I able to upgrade the screen from the factory cheap one? I like the one in the picture shown above. Pretty much since i bought the printer intermittently while using the printer the knob will stop working and i have to shut down and reboot the printer to get it working again. Also reading the possibilities of things wrong i noticed my screen turns on but blue screen and when i depress the knob it does not make a sound so its saying the screen is bad. Ive only had the printer for about 2 months max.

kevin kevin 22/07/2021 6:00 pm

Unfortunately, this is what ender3v2 unique screen. I recommend you contact the seller to get a new screen. It is only 2 months.

Topic Tags