Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 max- Bltouch

RSS

Topic starter

I just bought the ender 3 max and bltouch. I am not sure if I'm supposed to flash the firmware with the ender 3 firmware for the 4.2.2 board or if there is an ender 3 max version of the firmware somewhere I'm not seeing. With the size difference I am unsure of what to do. I have an ender 5 that I installed the bltouch on with no issues but I'm lost here. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sorry if this has been asked I search the form before posting but did not see anything.

I too Have recently purchased the Ender 3 Max and it came with warpped bed, so I ordered a BLTouch and now have spent more time researching for the proper firmware to get things up and running the I have in printing.

"Posted by: @kc5grw

Unpack the rar then load the .bin onto a blank SD card, turn off and unplug your printer. Insert the card the plug in and power on. It will take about 10 seconds then your screen should re-display the Ender logo and you'll be good to go. "

kc5grw said the above: But that only puts in in the problem of the Z stop issue! you can Z up but never down, the machine takes the current position and assumes it to be the new (zero).

Many machines have this issue as I have found with numerous hours of reading, searching, and YouTube, were my big problem is is that 95% including Creality machines of them have work arounds if you have a bit of computer skills, and want to modify the Marlin source code... The problem is: unless you are looking to buy an Ender 3 Max or watch 1000's of surely now frustrated people like myself, it's like the 3 Max doesn't exist.

Even through Creality, on the update firmware download page, the 3 Max is not even listed, though the latest and greatest Ender 6 is.

And The new Marlin 2.0 has been out for a while now and it has several bug fixes needed for versions to work with Opctopi and Cura and printer accuracy al around, Marlin has gone to grate lengths to gather the source code to nearly every printers set parameters to make simple fixes like the Z stop issue easy to address, but go to their config example folder/Creality, and, you guessed it, no parameters for the 3 Max, but the new Ender 6 is there???

Apparently the 3 Max is not the right buy since it is not gonna get any support.

Can we get some support on the 3 Max? Please?

Marlin Firmware file sets and all available from Creality

Topic Tags
2 Answers

If you haven't already found your answer. Use the Ender-3 Max -BL-Touch V1.0.1.6 from the Creality support website, https://www.creality.com/download. Unpack the rar then load the .bin onto a blank SD card, turn off and unplug your printer. Insert the card the plug in and power on. It will take about 10 seconds then your screen should re-display the Ender logo and you'll be good to go. 

I stand by my comment I posted earlier. I also removed the Z-stop per instructions with the BLTouch. I haven’t had an issue using the V1.0.1.6 from Creality. I tried using a newer Marlin release but could never get it to work. So far no issues with V1.0.1.6. 

Scroll Up