Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Print bed collides with power supply, unable to level bed

alden
(@alden)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I assembled a brand new Ender 3 V2 but am having trouble with bed leveling. The machine will fail to auto home unless the bed is lowered down as far as it can go (all four springs fully compressed) in order to depress the Z-axis limit switch, however when the bed is lowered like this it collides with the power supply and cannot depress the Y-axis limit switch. How can  I fix this? I cannot lower the bed enough to level it without having it collide with the power supply. 

Side note: The hot end assembly is also quite stiff when moving vertically, I have tried loosening various hardware to try and remedy this but nothing has improved it significantly.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@alden

I suspect you have not installed the machine correctly.

Or you can try to install the Z limit a little bit more up.

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

I did have the same problem at my school's Ender 3 Pro.

Like Kevin said, adjust the z limit switch.

Displaying temp - Citi card 1 800...

ReplyQuote
teddlesruss
(@teddlesruss)
New Member Registered

I suspect not quite the same issue with my CE3PRO but I found a small shim between the power supply and the aluminium extrusion helped me to angle the power supply a few degrees to the right which gives me plenty of room. The Pro also has the magnetic sticker print surface which can be placed a bit to the left, that also gives more room to the power supply. I just folded a business card and cut two sections and used those as the shims. 

With the bed levelling are you sure that the Y axis extrusion is all the way down? Mine is interlocked as the attached picture shows, if yours is maybe caught and there's a gap there then try and get them to interlock like that. That's about the only thing I can think of that would cause that big of a difference. 

Hope these tips help!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@teddlesruss Thanks for sharing. I'm sure he can help someone

ReplyQuote