Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] I just dont understand this.

Anarky
(@anarky)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

So i just got an Ender 3 v2 as a little holiday gift to myself. I watched a really good video on assembling it and didn't have any issues. I had 2 failed prints right away. A slight bed adjustment here and there and then I was printing away. I'm building a board game with various different tiles. I printed out like 50 tiles no issues. Yesterday I woke up and went to print out another tile and fail. Its dragging the filament all over, the filament is curling no matter how high or low I go. Its not sticking at all. When its heating up the filament starts coming out before its ready. Its stringing. What gets me the night before it printed a tile fine. I turn it off wake up the next morning and it doesn't print at all. You Tube is not helping I'm more confused than ever.

Im using Overture PLA. I don't think its the material as I printed 20 tiles with this stuff already. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Anarky
(@anarky)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply everyone! Seriously 😴 😴 😴 

For anyone having these issues this is what I did to solve......

1st: I upgraded my springs. The springs that come with the printer aren't too good so It seemed like the thing to do.

2nd: Took apart my extruder to find a bunch of hardened plastic in there. I used a drill bit and carefully got it out. I used the needle for the tip.

3rd: backed off the other end of the extruder a half turn. I made sure the tube was all the way down and clipped. Re-tightened the piece.

4th: made sure my Z axis was at 0.

5th: Paper leveled. this really sucks as you still need to raise bed.

6th: Mid print I raised the back both knobs at a time, front both knobs at a time. I then adjusted a fraction of a turn 1 knob at a time. I used the way the print was coming out as my guide. The outside circle or square I mean. Once I got that perfect it printed my actual print just fine. 

Took a couple hours in total but I got it working again. Time and patience is not my strong suit. However i think its printing better than before so............

ReplyQuote