Forum

Notifications
Clear all

First time 3D printing - should I leave filament in the printer between prints?

oneseventeen
(@oneseventeen)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I've never done 3d printing before and just got an Ender 3 V2 for Christmas from my wife.

I'm already addicted and regretting that I only have 2 spools of PLA!

I have some very noob questions for the community:

1. Are there any recommendations for how to leave the printer at the end of the day or during the work week when I know I won't be printing much?
  2. Is there a good guide on how to take care of the printer? (i.e. when/how should I clean the bed, should I leave the filament in the system for long periods of time, are there other tips for routine maintenance)?
  3. I added the CR-Touch bed-leveling attachment which has made a ton of difference, but I also noticed after a few days of printing I needed to tweak the z-offset already. Should I be checking this often?  If so, how often?
  4. What are 3 things I can do to make this machine last while getting clean prints?

Thanks, there's a lot I don't know, and even worse I don't know that I don't know it!  I'd love to avoid common mistakes, and have watched videos on what not to do, but would love tips for this machine specifically as I'm already addicted after just 2 days of printing!

ReplyQuote