Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 v2 laser kit

Mysik
(@mysik)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys...

I have had my Ender 3 v2 for a month now, and what a fantastic machine, I love it.

I recently bought the laser kit from Creality, and are somewhat confused?

Here is what was in the package (see the picture attached)

I got the 4.2.2 board. Should I just plug the (converter) into the main board instead of the fan, and the jack into the laser and I am off?

I got confused when watching videos about this topic, should I, or should I not use the (converter) piece on my machine?

The reason I also got confused is because the papers with the kit says it will be 1.6w with 12 volts and 4w with 24 volts, I would off course like the most power possible.

Hope someone can clearify this for me before I proceed with the installion.

Regards Mysik

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mysik Your Ender3v2 mainboard is 24V, but our current laser kit is 12V, so you have to use the converter, otherwise, it will not compatible.

ReplyQuote
Mysik
(@mysik)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Thanks alot for the answer, I will do that. What kind of threw me off was this paper where it suggests the laser head to be 12 or 24 volts.

But I will use the adapter, thanks again....

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mysik Sorry I was confused by this video. But did not notice that its laser is not from Creality.

Double-check the laser kit is applied to 12V-24V. The Creality Laser kit is designed to work with the 12V-24V voltage range, but the power is only 1.6W, no matter what input.

ReplyQuote