Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Defective Nozzle Kit? (Ender3 v2)

MikeB
(@mikeb)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  
I recently ordered an Ender 3 v2.  (Have had my Ender 3 for a few about 18 months but the kid stole it so needed one for myself).

When on step 4 of the assembly, the Nozzle Kit (with 3 rollers) will not attach/fit on to the x-axis rail because the lower single roller is misaligned.  It appears that the lower roller in the nozzle kit is drilled too high making it impossible to slide the Nozzle Kit on the x-axis rail is there is not enough clearance.

I tried taking the cover off the Nozzle Kit to loosen the screw holding the third roller and this then did allow the x-axis rail to slide in but unfortunately, when tightening the screw, it cannot tighten fully because the drill hole is in the wrong spot and the screw is then diagonal because the drill hole for it is in the wrong spot.

Seems like a defective part (because of an inaccurately drilled hole) and I've reached out to support..but has anyone else seen this and done any creative solutions?  The part's metal so I'm not interested in just printing a new part especially since the unit's brand new.

Pic attached. You can see where because the top/single roller is mounted low, even though the lower two rollers are even and the same distance from the edge of the bracket, it prevents the Nozzle Kit from sliding on to the x-axis rail.

tks,
MikeB
This topic was modified 7 months ago by MikeB

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mikeb Take off the nozzle kit and check the secrets on the red line are not at the same height? Maybe you have missed something as this is the first time I've seen this. ? 

ReplyQuote
MikeB
(@mikeb)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Those are at the same height.  It's the top roller that is mounted too low so it won't slide on (which makes it appear like the lower ones are off even though they are aligned in this picture.)

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

@mikeb  Hi Mike, you are aware of the single roller is mounted on eccentric nut, so you can loosen the roller by rotating the nut in different position?

ReplyQuote
MikeB
(@mikeb)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@3nderuser I was not!  that did the trick.  Thanks for the tip!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@3nderuser Keen observation! ? ? 

3nderUser liked
ReplyQuote