Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Screen Firmware Update not working

Jmata01
(@jmata01)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

So I'm trying firstly to update my firmware to extend my bed size but one of the steps said I had to also update the firmware for the screen which seemed so much simpler. 

I formatted an 8gb SD card, copied and pasted the DWIN_SET file, slid it into the back of the display, turned on the printer, let it get to the orange screen, turned it off, removed the card, turned it back on, and now the display looks like some pixels are missing. Like it comes on but small sections of the words and stuff are missing like it didn't fully upload? 

I have tried multiple times with different SD cards and tried letting the orange screen sit longer but its the same result each time. It's from the Configurations-release-2.0.9.3 examples set which should be the newest one 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
EricGTP
(@ericgtp)
New Member Registered

@jmata01 

Bump for same issue similar issue as text looks messed up. 

ReplyQuote
Dust
 Dust
(@dust)
New Member Registered

Latest screens provided with latest Ender 3v2 (and Ender 3 S1) are not DWIN screens and do not use the DWIN_SET files.

Look at the marking on the large black chip on the back of the LCD, if it reads F1C100s this is a clone of the dwin display, talks basically the same protocol during use, but the update procedure is different.

This clone display is looking for a directory called private. and the files within that. The files are also in different formats. 

I have not see this data files for the ender 3v2 display, but you  can see an example of this is the Ender 3 S1 update archive.  https://file2-cdn.creality.com//website/95b5d12a-1c56-4579-8254-3a400dae841d

This download has both a DWIN_SET and a private directory. Each of which contains the assets for each of the two different types of displays.

ReplyQuote