Notifications
Clear all

Screen firmware for Ender 3 V2, 4.2.7 board

phranch
(@phranch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have an Ender 3 V2 with 4.2.7 board, no BL touch, etc.  Used wrong printer and screen firmware to update to fix a problem and now screen is blank.  I think DWIN-SET is the screen firmware but am unable to find it, to my great shame!  I suppose it is a sub sub sub folder but cannot get to it.  I see firmware for a Touch-screen but I don't have Touch-screen.  Going crazy, help!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@phranch Do not worry, try to reflash the correct firmware then your printer will work.

ReplyQuote
phranch
(@phranch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hey thanks Kevin!  I opened the link you provided and there are 5 entries listed.  I don't have BL Touch, or a Touch screen, etc, so I have been ignoring those files.  So, of the 5 entries, only the 1st, 'Ender 3 V2 4.2.7 Mainboard 32 bit' dated 4-30-21 and the 4th, 'Marlin 2.0.1 original firmware' dated 5-8-21 appear to be applicable, BUT, which one do I use?  And if there are sub-folders under the one I am to use, please indicate which one(s)?

Since the display screen is blank, I no doubt have to re-flash it as well, so is the appropriate screen firmware included there?

Admittedly, I have made this more complicated than it needs to be but it is my real world!  Sure hope you can decipher what I'm trying to say, and get me out of this cess-pool!  Thanks for taking the time to help!

PS--I use WinZip to un-zip so the way it shows up on PC screen may be different from other apps even tho the end result is the same--right?

This post was modified 2 months ago by phranch

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@phranch 5 entries? It should be 4 entries. You can try to flash "Ender-3 V2-Marlin-2.0.1 - V1.0.1 - TMC2225-(V4.2.7board" in Marlin2.0.1 original firmware folder. 
Attached is the default screen firmware. Please try it.

https://www.cxsw3d.com/ender3v2/153-4381.html

I think you will get the same things no matter what tool you used to un-zip.

ReplyQuote
phranch
(@phranch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

OK Kevin. I got it done and it worked!  Thanks a million!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@phranc My pleasure. 😋 

ReplyQuote