Notifications
Clear all

Problems getting firmware to flash after installing CR Touch

Grrn
 Grrn
(@grrn)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have installed a CR Touch and am now trying to flash the firmware.  I have so far been unable to get the firmware to flash.

Steps I have taken so far:

1) Reformatting SD card.

2) Downloading the firmware update to the flash card (in this case I have a 4.2.2 board)

3) Inserting the SD card and plugging the power in and powering on.

The machine boots normally with no update.

I have done a good bit of reading in various places but I can't find any solutions.  One other piece of information that I have seen that might be relevant is that I have a GD32F303 RET6 chip on the board.

Any help would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
cjssister
(@cjssister)
New Member Registered

Currently experiencing the same issue. Bumppppp

ReplyQuote
LEESHERMAG
(@leeshermag)
New Member Registered

Ender-3 V2_Marlin2.0.8_HW_V4.2.2_SW_V2.0.8.4_ALT_Zh_CN_en_20210715.bin, will not load for CR Touch. Current firmware V1.0.4 with 4.2.2 motherboard 32bit. I'm also getting frustrated that Creality sells this auto leveling option and it has nothing but problems.

ReplyQuote
apak
 apak
(@apak)
New Member Registered

So glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.  I can't seem to 'store settings' for my z-offset either, just resets every time I reset the printer.  Seems like 1/4 of the time I insert the SD card that it successfully reads it, the other 3/4 of the time I see 'No TF CARD'. I can get things to print for around 10 minutes but it always halts/freezes early on the print. I wish I never installed the BLtouch 😭 causing me much frustration and anguish.  

BUMP

ReplyQuote