Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Issues with the Marlin 4.2.2 Board Firmware

nvenra
(@nvenra)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello. I am an avid Creality user, specifically the Ender 3 series. I currently have an Ender 3 V2 and have been experiencing some griefs with the latest (that I know of) MARLIN firmware. I have already updated the firmware that is specific to the 4.2.2. motherboard.

The issue is when I go into a print that is currently running and try to TUNE it. It doesn't always happen, (but has been happening more frequently) and when I do, it jumps me back to the main menu where I am not allowed to TUNE it. If I try to select the current print file at this point by selecting PRINT, the TUNE PAUSE STOP menu shows up over top of the files (???). I proceed with TUNE and adjust the setting I want to change, but it is too late. At this point, the print is in the process of being PAUSED or STOPPED without expressed permission. This ultimately ends the print and I am forced to restart it. Very frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am 100% sure it is a bug in the firmware I am currently running. Is there any word on a new firmware on the horizon? All my searches into another firmware thus far have turned up the current version I am using. Any information or help would  be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this has been brought up already.

This topic was modified 5 months ago 2 times by nvenra

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@nvenra Hi, I agree with you. For sure it is a firmware issue. Maybe it is your firmware bug, not the Marlin 4.2.2 board firmware. Re-flash it and see if it works again.

ReplyQuote
nvenra
(@nvenra)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Thanks! I think that did the trick!

This post was modified 5 months ago by nvenra

ReplyQuote
mrisco
(@mrisco)
Active Member Registered

ReplyQuote
kinnens
(@kinnens)
New Member Registered

will ender 3 compatible control boards fit the ender 3 v2? I see many control boards online that give much more functionality , marlin built in, usb ports, and wifi. not much listed for the v2

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@kinnens What is the version of the mainboard you are talking about? I think you better check if there is compatible firmware before you install the new board to printer. 

ReplyQuote
AIRCRAFTMONKEY
(@aircraftmonkey)
Active Member Registered

Hello,

I have been trying to get both the filament runout and the BL Touch working on my Ender 3 V2. So far Im at a loss on getting them both to work at the same time per the firmware install. Can someone help me get them tied together in the firmware to work? 

Ken

This post was modified 4 months ago by AIRCRAFTMONKEY

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@aircraftmonkey Could you please tell me which mainboard do you have and which firmware did you flash?

ReplyQuote
AIRCRAFTMONKEY
(@aircraftmonkey)
Active Member Registered

@kevin The board i have is the 4.2.2. the firmware was the BL touch bin and the filament add on bin. I have also been fooling around with the 2.0x in Visual Studio Code trying to get all the right settings but the BL Touch winds up being offset to the actual bed and the print winds up offset to the right rear corner of the bed instead of center. i know the probe offset is correct since i measured it with calipers. I also have 2 other Ender machines but didn't have issues like with the V2.  

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@aircraftmonkey Well, It's basically a firmware problem. You can try to find the solution here : https://marlin.crc.id.au/

ReplyQuote