Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 V2 tries to home to the right

Caldyan
(@caldyan)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

First, I am new to 3D printing.  I have an Ender 3 V2 for several months now.  Slowly doing upgrades, one at a time as I have money.  Everything has been going prefect up until the latest attempt at an upgrade this weekend, Raspberry Pi 4B with Octoprint.  I can only get it to read and set temps but nothing else.  Ok, I will work on that but, I figured after several attempts that maybe firmware needed update.  I have a BL Touch that works great so downloaded and installed GD-Ender-3 V2Marlin2.0.6.1V1.0.5HW4.2.2BLTouch.  Now it wants to home X axis to the right not the left.  But limit switch to the left so it skips for several seconds when it runs out of space and then just stops and locks the control screen, no errors, just stops working with screen frozen.  I use Cura 4.13.0 for slicing.  I pulled old sliced parts from months ago to test print, thinking maybe it somehow affected the gcode.  Nope, homes right.

I went back to Marlin-2.0.1-HW-4.2.7-mainboard-V1.1.2-compatible with BLTouch and filament detection.  Screen in Mandarin now and printer doesn't do anything.

Tried Ender-3 V2_HW4.2.3_SW1.0.5_20210708 just to see what happens, and I have no screen at all now.  Reinstalled GD-Ender-3 V2Marlin2.0.6.1V1.0.5HW4.2.2BLTouch with same problem.

This happens exactly the same with or without Pi plugged in, restarts, long power off times and every combination between.  Pi software has only been downloaded through raspberrypi.com  and firmware only from creality.com  

Motherboard has all firm connections and haven't needed to be inside that area for quite a while but I did check to make sure everything was tight after this new problem.  I have a filament detector and BL Touch.  No other electronic components have been added, modified or removed.  The rest of the changes to the printer are all things like taller feet and moving the filament spool, things like that.  

Can anyone give me an idea of how to at least get the printer back working, even without the Pi?  And possibly how to get the Pi to connect properly?

Thank you for your help

Cal

ReplyQuote
bulsarac
(@bulsarac)
New Member Registered

I am having the same issue with an Ender 3 Pro V2 that I just bought and assembled yesterday, same setup except I have a CR Touch, no filament detector.

ReplyQuote
junothedm
(@junothedm)
New Member Registered

I've also got the same issue - installed a BL Touch on my Ender 3 V2 this morning. Bed sensor fires twice, stays solid red, then on an auto home drives the x axis all the way right until it stalls and I have to power cycle the printer.

Alternately, I tried manually pushing the hot end over to the x-stop switch and it stays there, homes the z and y axis before starting to stutter there instead.

ReplyQuote
bulsarac
(@bulsarac)
New Member Registered

I reversed the pins in the X-axis motor wire harness and it appears to be a valid workaround insofar as I can auto home and level now. I have not yet tested it with a print.

ReplyQuote
Ankerwat15
(@ankerwat15)
New Member Registered

@bulsarac I have attempted to follow your direction, but I have swapped each wire in every configuration possible and all I get is a violent clicking and no movement unless they are in the original pattern.

ReplyQuote
creatine77
(@creatine77)
New Member Registered

I found this issue to the exact same problem I was having. Tried installing the cr touch kit, when id go to install the firmware listed on their site, I was auto homing to the right. Here is the firmware I used, it is in a different language, just readjust the language in the settings.

ReplyQuote