[Sticky] After botched firmware upgrade sd card no longer reads

4 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
RustyLockjaw
(@rustylockjaw)
Topic starter  

Hello!

My daughter has been cranking stuff out with our new ender 3 v2. After 2 great successes she decided to try updating the firmware but used the wrong version (Ender-3 V2-Marlin-2.0.1 – V1.0.1 – TMC2225-(对应V4.2.7主板).bin to be exact, we have an old 4.2.2 board) After a few hours of fidgeting I’ve got it to print without issue from the Micro USB slot through Cura, however the SD Card slot can’t read anything. I’ve tried multiple cards, multiple gcodes, reformatting, reformatting with MicroSDs reformat tool, power cycling, unplugging outright. The one thing I notice is if I insert an SD card while printing from the micro USB port using Cura everything glitches out and it sets the temps to 0 while letting Cura continue to try printing with a cold end, so it at least registers a card being inserted.

Any ideas? Can I factory reset without an SD slot? Or update? Cura only seems to let me pass in .hex updates.

Thank you kindly!

This topic was modified 9 months ago 2 times by RustyLockjaw

h1ghwaters reacted
ReplyQuote
Dman
 Dman
(@dman)

I’m having the same problem after I did the update to 1..1.2 did u find a fix that might help me

ReplyQuote
wwshaman
(@wwshaman)

Same problem. I had the “blue screen of death” and read on this forum how to reinstall firmware. But I must have picked the wrong firmware as the first three attempts either didn’t look the same (different menus, etc.) or didn’t work properly. Now I am stuck with a version that does not look right and I haven’t been able to update. Can it be done with the USB port instead?

ReplyQuote
eagerjo
(@eagerjo)

ReplyQuote