Forum

Notifications
Clear all

LD002R firmware wont update

apache
Registered
Topic starter
(@apache)

I download the LD002R firmware update files and run the .bin first with the other 2 files on the drive as well and then wipe the drive and run the .ctb, it says it finishes and to restart, after restart no firmware update has occurred and the "about" page on my LD002R states the firmware is LD002H, it wont let me print saying my resolution isnt correct now. Also doesnt recognize .ctb files.

I am unable to locate the correct firmware for my LD002R at this point in time or I dont understand how to update the printer correctly, either way im in need of some help.

3 Replies
hns
 hns
Registered
(@hns)

I had the same issue, u have to upload firmvare F18 - Firmware LD-002R

I guess they are joking or what. Its not for the first time they pack FW for LD-002H as LD-002R.

Problem is that the new Chitubox is requesting the firmware 4.4.3 (or something similar) and since i don't have that firmware yet (doesn't exist) i can't print. Generated CTB files are not recognized by printer.

Dear Creality  - you FAIL here

2 Replies
kevin
Registered
(@kevin)

Noble Member

@hns Are you meaning that the Creality.com firmware is not correct at all? https://www.creality.com/download

hns
 hns
Registered
(@hns)

Hi Kevin, yes the firmware is incorrect totally.Basically it make the printer unusable as it will set the LCD resolution 1620x2560 in SW even if it is physically 1440x2560. So you will get error message that your resolution doesn't match the model u generated in chitubox for LD-002R printer

If you change the resolution of LCD in chitubox it will not print at all as there is mismatch between driver and physical lcd so it won't display anything. Only the platform will be moving like it is printing normally. Maybe there will be some messy artefacts.

And the firmware itself is reported as 4.3.1 F2.16 instead 4.4.3 F2.21

That issue is not for the first time. Creality uploaded more times the H firmware into R printer.