Notifications
Clear all

FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING false // true

Copymaster
Registered
Topic starter
(@copymaster)
Nozzle

Please create an option in the firmware builder to invert the filament sensor option. Some runout sensors need a inverting false, other inverting true.

I have got a Ender 3v2 with (non smart) runout sensor and the operation is oposit. It is triggered if I test with M119. When print starts I got a "run out detection". I have had this in the past on a Ender 5 and the solution was to change the FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING false // true in the configuration.h file.

I got the same problem with the BTT smart sensor. The working is opposit as it should be. Double checked the wirering and did several test with M119. The sensor is triggered when filament is inserted and open with no filament.

5 Replies
1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Stepper Motor

@copymaster Fair call - I'll put this on the feature wishlist...

Copymaster
Registered
Topic starter
(@copymaster)
Nozzle

Thanks

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Stepper Motor

@copymaster It actually seems like the FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING option is no more.

I'm having a guess that its replaced with: FIL_RUNOUT_STATE (LOW|HIGH). The default being:

#define FIL_RUNOUT_STATE LOW // Pin state indicating that filament is NOT present.

Copymaster
Registered
Topic starter
(@copymaster)
Nozzle

Looking at this is seems it does the same as the old inverting option. Can you implement this option as requested, it would realy help me using the runout sensor.

Copymaster
Registered
Topic starter
(@copymaster)
Nozzle

I saw you already implemented the option. Thanks for the quick reaction!

Scroll Up