Notifications
Clear all

Ender3 Pro (4.2.7+BLTouch+Hemera) with Creality Touch Screen Firmware

M0rphine
Registered
Topic starter
(@m0rphine)

Hi,

I have an Ender3 Pro, upgraded with the 4.2.7 board, BL Touch and the official Creality touch screen.

This combination worked great and I love it using the firmware from the Creality Downloads section.

For a number of reasons and after reading a lot of reviews, I decided to get an E3D Hemera with a V6 hotend.

I have that built and ready to fit, so I thought, get Marlin firmware installed to make sure that was not a problem before I fitted the Hemera. Then all I would need to do would be reconfigure Marlin with the adjustments needed for the Hemera. (Extruder steps, nozzle offset and BL Touch offset.)

No matter what build I try, I cannot get a firmware to successfully install with the 4.2.7, BL Touch and the Creality touch screen.

I have been at this for a week now and I really do not want to be forced to go back to the original screen that came with the Ender 3 Pro after being spoilt with the touch screen.

I have managed to get the Marlin compiled and loaded on to the board but the screen just shows a loading bar and nothing happens.

I know the printer is working and not bricked as I can connect with Octoprint, control the print, (moving the gantry up and down remotely etc), so this is surely just a screen firmware issue?

Any help would be so appreciated! I love my Ender3 and I know that this is possible a I have seen people with an Ender3 V2 and CR6, (which is essentially the V2 with the touch screen fitted by default,) fitted with the Hemera running Marlin.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance =)

Edit/Update: I have signed up and paid for the Firmware build service but no luck there.

3 Replies
2 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Estimable Member

@m0rphine The touchscreen's currently aren't supported by Marlin outside of Creality's own firmware.

This may change in the future, but right now, you're stuck with Creality's stock firmware. This will likely make things difficult in trying to customise for the Hemera...

M0rphine
Registered
(@m0rphine)

@marlin-firmware-service That has shot me in the foot straight away then !

I have signed up for the Firmware Builder Service (Firmware Builder - Marlin Firmware Service (crc.id.au)) but I am unsure of where or how to set the nozzle home x/y position of the Hemera with the new mount that I have printed. 

According to the Thingiverse page (Ender 3 modular Hemera mount (no X build volume loss) by ChipCE - Thingiverse) the offset is

• AIO mount version
    #define X_MIN_POS -7
    #define Y_MIN_POS -16

I have custom made my own cooling solution which mounts the BLTouch inline with the nozzle on the X Axis with an offset of -74 on the Y Axis. (The BLTouch is mounted on the front of the cooling solution, attached to the fan grills.

Many thanks

M0rphine
Registered
Topic starter
(@m0rphine)

Forgot to mention that I had posted this very late last night, but it was a loooong version of the post and in the wrong place. 
Deleted that one and moved it to here.