Clear all

Ender 3 V2 Firmware from marlin.crc.id.au renders my printer useless

Page 1 / 5

Salkio
Registered
Topic starter
(@salkio)
Cooling Fan

I bought a subscription to download this firmware, I downloaded a total of 2 files and both have made my printer useless. The moment I turn it on the nozzle starts jumping around the bed and when I start a print it prints in mid air. I tried compiling my own firmware also from bug fix and I had no issues. I downloaded the correct firmware for my printer yes.

Is it possible to receive a refund? 

Topic Tags
57 Replies
Eli liu
Admin
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply

thank for the feedback. I will move this topic to the [Marlin Firmware Service] section, where the Marlin expert will help you with this problem.

4 Replies
Salkio
Registered
(@salkio)

Cooling Fan

@eli-liu 
Any idea if the admin can help? It's been 5 days with 1 not so useful response. 

A simple refund would work wonders.

Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Stepper Motor

As of now, zero information has been provided to troubleshoot. Given that there have been no other reports of this behaviour, right now, I can only think that something has been done wrong.

If there was a single other report with the same issues, then it could point to something else - but there isn't.

Salkio
Registered
(@salkio)

Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

What other information can I give? When I use the firmware the printer does not respond to gcode. for example I have a bed leveling gcode from CHEPP and when I run that with your firmware the hotend just moves around the bed. 

I don't know what else i can do to help

Salkio
Registered
(@salkio)

Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

I just tried using the firmware of the 27th (latest at the time) and it gives the same results. I made sure to add M412 S0 because I don't have a sensor. And the printer still has no idea how to read my bed level gcode that when using firmware I compile works fine. When I try bed level with the firmware you provide the hot end moves around, goes to the front left corner of the bed and just sits there. If I end the print I cannot start another, the hot end is just stuck to the corner.

Please may I just have a refund for the subscription.

Marlin Firmware Service
Stepper Motor

When you turn your printer on, by default, nothing moves unless its given a command to move. This points to a problem that certainly isn't firmware.

What printer do you use? Which mainboard version do you have? Which firmware did you load?

If nothing else, I want to make sure this isn't a firmware issue - however nobody else has reported this.

2 Replies
Salkio
Registered
(@salkio)

Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

So after I compiled the firmware myself it was working fine. I could do bed leveling and the printer was not printing mid-air. When I tried your firmware again for the ender 3 V2 - stock it started acting up and the nozzle had no idea what to do. Was moving Z Y and X. 

Salkio
Registered
(@salkio)

Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

I'm using the Ender 3 V2 - Stock

I used that firmware.

Salkio
Registered
Topic starter
(@salkio)
Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

@eli-liu

Please assist me. I have explained my situation and received 0 support. What else do you need? Another wise ill just open a dispute on Paypal and call it a day.

I'm just asking for a refund.

2 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@salkio You have received support - you just haven't answered any questions or decided to cooperate in fault finding.

Support is a two way thing - but a you're not willing to even attempt to cooperate, do what you will - as you will anyway...

Salkio
Registered
(@salkio)

Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

I have told you what printer I am using. I have told you when the problem happens. I have told you what the problem is. And I have told you what firmware I am using. What more do u want 

Salkio
Registered
Topic starter
(@salkio)
Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

@eli-liu 

I'm just going to do the dispute. Through Paypal and link this so-called "support chat". I have told you everything I can and what you asked for. I don't know what else to do. You telling me "No one has gotten this problem" does not help me.. Sounds like a lazy way to not want to help or even attempt to troubleshoot.

Read my chat and you will see I told you the printer I'm using, the firmware I'm using when the problem happens, and how I fixed it with the new firmware I compiled myself.

I want a refund.

2 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@salkio My best guess given you still didn't answer the questions prior is that you loaded a firmware for a v4.2.7 mainboard onto a v4.2.2 mainboard thinking the higher version number is better.

In fact, it isn't newer or higher, its a different control board.

The pinouts are different, the operation is different, and the firmware isn't compatible between the two.

When you built your own, you'd have built for a v4.2.2 mainboard.

If you provided the filename of the firmware you used back on December 23rd as asked, its likely this would be obvious.

Salkio
Registered
(@salkio)

Cooling Fan

@marlin-firmware-service

thank you. I am aware of the board versions. I have not changed mine. I have the stock main board that comes with the Ender 3 V2 which is why I selected that firmware from the folders on the firmware site. I’m not sure what the version is. I just have been using stock Ender 3 V2 (I also use this folder when I download the bug fix branch and the configuration examples should. It says Ender 3 V2 - Stock and that works when I compile it myself). 

edit: I will check firmware name I downloaded when I get back home. 

Page 1 / 5
Scroll Up