Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 V2 - extruder stops after a layer or two with custom firmware build

alanerickson
Registered
Topic starter
(@alanerickson)
Heating Block

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.  I wanted to use linear advance to improve my extruder operation so on Marlin Firmware Service (crc.id.au) I did a custom build with linear advance enabled.  Everything seemed fine after the upgrade and I started out by doing a linear advance calibration gcode print in order to determine my K factor.   About half way through my print the extruder made a noise like the extruder was jammed and then the extruder completely stopped.  But the extruder wasn't jammed and the only way to get the extruder going again was to power off and then back on.   Tried this a couple of times with the same result and even went back to some "normal" prints on the card that had previously printed fine and had the same problem of the extruder stopping.

So, I went back to today's standard build firmware and everything is now working fine again (except no linear advance).   So.....I'm not sure if something is off in the linear advance settings or what's going on.   It's almost like the current settings for the motor are too low.

Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks.

3 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Stepper Motor

The v4.2.2 and v4.2.7 mainboards from Creality do not support Linear Advance.

alanerickson
Registered
Topic starter
(@alanerickson)
Heating Block

Bummer.  Thanks.

Should custom firmware builder be updated so that this isn't an option?  

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Stepper Motor

@alanerickson Not ideally - the some folks have added a wire in to enable LA on the Ender 3 V2 - but that's waaaaayy too hardcore even for me! 😛

Scroll Up