Notifications
Clear all

custom firmware builder - Error

galluccib
Registered
Topic starter
(@galluccib)

Tried using custom firmware builder to add PROBE_OFFSET_WIZARD and a few other things and get the following error when its running....

Errors:
LCD_BED_LEVELING requires a programmable LCD controller.

Build Reference: 1D84418E-6401-11EB-9464-7B8894E88FA6

4 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Estimable Member

I didn't check the build logs, but this doesn't yet work on the DWIN screen of the Ender 3 V2 - the screen doesn't yet meet the requirements.

There's an effort to improve all of these - but right now, its not quite there.

galluccib
Registered
Topic starter
(@galluccib)

Odd... I have firmware from smith3d that has the Offset-wizard set and works fine. The main issue I was jumping over to yours was there is something with their firmware working with Octoprint. Works in Octoprint but the display on the printer doesn't update nor allow for tuning on the smith3d firmware.

2 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Estimable Member

@galluccib It's important to realise that Smith3D is a fork of Marlin. He does not contribute back to Marlin, nor support the project in any way.

galluccib
Registered
(@galluccib)

@marlin-firmware-service - I understand that... I was just pointing out probe_offset is working fine as you said it wasn't supported on the current screen.

I didn't want to have to deal with compiling the firmware and having to figure out all the crap for the config files so figured I would just use yours. Since the web isn't working can you post the config files you are using for the Ender 3 V2 4.2.2 BLTouch and I will go ahead and add the probe_offset to adv and compile on my end.

Thanks,