Notifications
Clear all

SD Card Lock Deactivation

Veshraine
Registered
Topic starter
(@veshraine)

Hello,

For my Ender 3 V2 I use a Micro SD card to Normal SD card adapter to prevent wear on the mainboard from removing and reinstalling the SD card. Is there a way to deactivate the Micro SD card lock in the firmware so I don't have to power cycle the printer every time i remove and reinstall the SD card. I have seen this done before with Smith3D Firmware for the Ender 3 V2.

Thank you.

3 Replies
1 Reply
RJOSS33
Registered
(@rjoss33)

@veshraine

Bonsoir, je possède depuis 2 mois une ENDER 3 PRO dont je suis très satisfait. Je l'upgrade au fur et à mesure. J'ai fait la même chose avec un prolongateur de carte SD et j'ai donc le même problème. 

Ce serait bien que l'on ne soit pas obligé d'éteindre la ENDER lors du changement de carte pour mettre d'autres fichiers STL.

J'ai constaté aussi un autre problème:

Je mets en chauffage PLA, pas de souci mais si j'appuie sur Fin pour arrêter  ce chauffage et là pas de prise en compte de cet ordre?

Là aussi, il faut couper l'alimentation pour arrêter cette fonction.

Merci pour vos réponses

Good evening, I have had an ENDER 3 PRO for 2 months with which I am very satisfied. I upgrade it as I go. I did the same with an SD card extender so I have the same problem.

It would be nice if we didn't have to switch off the ENDER when changing the card to put other STL files.

I also noticed another problem:

I put in PLA heating, no problem, but if I press End to stop this heating and then this order is not taken into account?

Again, you must cut off the power to stop this function.

Thank you for your answers

Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Estimable Member

For context, the SD Detect feature is a physical switch that is triggered when you insert the SD card into the slot. It's not possible to check if you have an SD Card inserted into the adapter - only that the adapter is plugged into the mSD slot on the printer.

I believe there was some work done around this in the past few months - I'll see if I can find the outcome of it...

1 Reply
RJOSS33
Registered
(@rjoss33)

@ service-micrologiciel-marlin

Merci pour votre réponse rapide. Thank you for your quick reply.