Notifications
Clear all

Probe_offset_wizard

galluccib
Registered
Topic starter
(@galluccib)

Can you add probe_offset_wizard to the default build which would make things a lot easier to dial in the Z offset.

Thanks,

3 Replies
1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Estimable Member

@galluccib Which printer are you using for this option?

This option in Marlin is not compatible with the Ender 3 V2 LCD screen as yet.

galluccib
Registered
Topic starter
(@galluccib)

Yes the Ender 3 V2 4.2.2... I did a compile with Probe_offset_wizard in the conf.adv file and it shows up and works fine under the perpare menu.. I'm having other issues when the printer. I will give the firmware builder a try again as you have the option on there, just not sure what to fill in for the rest of the setting on the other tabs. Plus notice there is nothing on the builder to define the number of probed for the BLTouch (3 or 5).

chrisjc610
Registered
(@chrisjc610)

i switched to default nightly build firmware for today. i both love and hate it.

this is how i set my z offset: 

g28 ; home

m851 z0 ; clear your z

m500 ; save

m501 ; reload

g28 z0 ; move to your home 0

m 211 s0 ; disable software endstops

then use pronterface to nudge it and gently grip a paper (like manual bed leveling corners)

m114 ; report current position, grab the z

m851 z{m114z} ; set it

m500 ; save

m501 ; reload

g28 ;home

; g1 z0 ;  check your new 0 grabs the paper

and honestly i'm getting the best first layers i've ever got so i'm kind of thankful it forced me to learn to do that. the z offset wizard does not work well after putting full faith in the word 'wizard' myself for two weeks straight trying to get a good first full bed layer.

i still miss ubl and will probably try the builder again soon. i just had something i needed to print tonight. 😂