Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Max Marlin Update

speedysk1
Registered
Topic starter
(@speedysk1)

When will there be an update to the firmware for Ender 3 Max?  The firmware for the BL Touch doesn't work well and Marlin is quite old.

9 Replies
8 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Estimable Member

@speedysk1 I've been looking for a few weeks now, but found very little info on the guts of an Ender 3 Max.... Do you have any details on what it is? Which control board is default, if its just an Ender 3 with a bigger bed? Something else?

fixender3maxbl
Registered
(@fixender3maxbl)

@marlin-firmware-service
I can help you out with all of that, just send me a message and i can show you the board.

Marlin Firmware Service

Estimable Member

@fixender3maxbl If you can, just see what version control board it is... if its a v4.2.2 or something else...

fixender3maxbl
Registered
(@fixender3maxbl)

@marlin-firmware-service 

the board has a version of 4.2.2 

Marlin Firmware Service

Estimable Member

@fixender3maxbl Oh - if that's the case, you should be able to use the Builder and use "Ender 3 + v4.2.2 mainboard" - set your bed size and maximum bed height and it should work.

Honor251
Registered
(@honor251)

@marlin-firmware-service It will fix Bl touch problem on Ender 3 max?

Marlin Firmware Service

Estimable Member

@honor251 I'm not sure what problems you are referring to - but there is now a nightly build for the Ender 3 Max available in both BLTouch and non-BLTouch configurations.

Give this a try.

speedysk1
Registered
(@speedysk1)

@marlin-firmware-service would it be possible to get a firmware for Ender 3 MAX with the 4.2.7 board?  I had to replace my board recently and all that anyone seems to ship is 4.2.7 now.

rb9999
Registered
(@rb9999)

Has anyone tried updating their firmware using the method below?  I have an Ender 3 Max with a 4.2.2 mainboard. Anyone use this?