Notifications
Clear all

e3d Hemera Direct Drive

Ford-RS
Registered
Topic starter
(@ford-rs)

Hello,

I recently bought a Hemera Direct Drive from e3d for my Ender 3 v2.
After a lot of searching on the internet I can't find what I have to do or change in the firmware.
I use the Marlin firmware from https://marlin.crc.id.au/.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

gr. Michel

7 Replies
7 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Estimable Member

@ford-rs Are there any changes you need to make?

I can imagine if you have a BLTouch, you might have to change the probe offset via the M851 command, but other than that, what else do you need to do?

Ford-RS
Registered
(@ford-rs)

@marlin-firmware-service

I have a BLTouch installed which is working as it should after I did the m851 settings.

As far I understand I have to make changes for a Hemera to work and I don't know what.

Marlin Firmware Service

Estimable Member

@ford-rs I had a look at the e3d site - it looks like you'll have to use the Builder to create a custom firmware to use this properly - as they change the thermistor types and a number of other things...

https://marlin.crc.id.au/builder/

Change:

Hotend Sensor -> 5

Hotend Max -> 285

Y_MIN_POS -> -23

You'll need to select the BLTouch options in the Bed Leveling Configuration menu.

Ensure you check: BLTouch, Use Probe port for Probe, and Use Probe for Z homing.

Also check "Bilinear Bed Leveling".

That should hopefully get you on your way with a somewhat working configuration.

Ford-RS
Registered
(@ford-rs)

@marlin-firmware-service

Thank you very very much for looking into my question, I will take a look at it as soon as possible.

The Leveling Options under the Bed Leveling Configuration..is this something I can use or are they not supported by my printer?

Marlin Firmware Service

Estimable Member

@ford-rs Some are supported, some are not... It's a bit difficult to restrict only to options that are supported.

I had a thought last night - you'd probably also have to adjust the e-steps once updated - but you can do that via the LCD screen...

Ford-RS
Registered
(@ford-rs)

@marlin-firmware-service

Yes...I have to use M92 to adjust the e-steps.

Does it have negative consequences to select the options?

Marlin Firmware Service

Estimable Member

@ford-rs If its a truly incompatible option, its likely the build will fail, and it'll tell you why in the failure. As such, if it builds, it's worthwhile trying.