Notifications
Clear all

Creality linear advance

alanerickson
Registered
Topic starter
(@alanerickson)
Heating Block

Do any of the Enders support linear advance?   If not is there a recommendation for an affordable board that does?   Thanks.

4 Replies
3 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Stepper Motor

@alanerickson Currently, no.

Recommendations depend on which printer you're wanting to use it on.

There's no drop-in replacement for the Ender 3 V2 that can utilise the existing screen, but the stock Ender 3 (or Pro) can use any BTT SKR Mini E3 mainboard and use the existing screen.

alanerickson
Registered
(@alanerickson)

Heating Block
Posted by: @marlin-firmware-service

@alanerickson Currently, no.

Recommendations depend on which printer you're wanting to use it on.

Funny you should mention that.  Was looking looking at using it on a Prusa i3 MK2. 😆 

The printer in question has been left behind as far as firmware, which is around 3 years old.  Z height probe has never worked very well.   Printer servos are very noisy.   Would like to put a BL Touch on it which isn't even possible.  To even get current on the firmware I'd have to replace the whole bed (magnetic sensors in new version have been relocated compared to current version) and in my mind money on a new bed can be spent on better things.

Seems pretty straight forward.   Only thing a little odd is that the servos are 1.8 degree, but I assume I can fix this in the "steps" part of the servo configuration.   And then figuring out what the specifications are on my temperature probes.  

Looking at using the BTT mini 2.0 and Marlin firmware.

alanerickson
Registered
(@alanerickson)

Heating Block

@marlin-firmware-service Got my BTT SKR mini V2 installed in my Prusa i3 mk2 along with my BLTouch.  So far I've done two benchies and it's looking pretty sweet.  And so quiet.   I had to switch the leads on the X and Y stepper motors but that was biggest hurdle.  Also went with the TFT35 which is nice, but support for it seems a little weak.  

So........if I'm wanting to try linear advance is this thing ready to go?  I tried one LA test print but I couldn't see much difference in the lines. Doing some searching I saw some references to UART.   Is there something else that I should do with the hardware?  Are there any gcodes I can issue to verify that it's enabled?  Thanks.  

alanerickson
Registered
Topic starter
(@alanerickson)
Heating Block

I got it worked out.   My steps were too big and I ended up skipping anything that looked decent.   Got it dialed in and it seems to help reduce the start/stop bumps on the perimeter and overall deliver a cleaner print.   Not incredible, but better than the print results it was giving.   

Scroll Up