Notifications
Clear all

Software gets flaky when setting e-steps/mm

scottdky
(@scottdky)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am running v1.1.6.1 of the firmware on an Ender 5, and when I try to change the e-steps/mm, it drastically drops the actual extrusion rate. Is this a known bug? I thought I might try upgrading the firmware, but I am not sure which version I should use. Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

firstly, there is a newer version, but I don't know the difference between the two firmware, you may try it.

Ender-5_8bit_1.1.6.3V Latest Firmware_0814

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/ender-5/

secondly, the E step value is usually a default number. There is no need to change it except you changed your extruder( gear type).

ReplyQuote
scottdky
(@scottdky)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the link. The reason I want to change the E-step value is to calibrate the extrusion more accurately. Evidently Marlin has some bug that makes the extrusion rate foul up when changing it. I'll have to see if that slightly newer version fixes the problem.

ReplyQuote
scottdky
(@scottdky)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I just looked at the Marlin changelog, and I doubt this minor update will fix the problem. Is there any reason I can't download the latest version of Marlin and use the config.h file from the Creality link?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@scottdky files from Creality are two types. one is .hex or .bin file, which cannot be modified anymore. The other one is the source code with all the Marlin codes, in which you can change many settings. Only some firmware's source code has been released by Creality as far.

ReplyQuote