Clear all

Silent Board V 4.2.7.

Page 1 / 2

lbs
 lbs
(@lbs)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, i just installed the Silent Board V 4.2.7. unfortunately for ender 3 in my Ender 5 which has the old monochrome display.

I added a BL Touch V3.1 and a Filament runout sensor.

After installing the board and adding the accessories, i put the firmware update for Ender 5 from the creality website on a SD card, put this in the SD card slot and turned on the printer.

the Display shows the printer settings and menu, unfortunately the display alarm buzzer is buzzing continously and won't turn off?

Does anyone have an idea how to correct this error?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

Firstly, let's confirm all the steps were right so far.

1. which firmware version you downloaded?

2. did you put only the .bin file into the sd card.

ReplyQuote
lbs
 lbs
(@lbs)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for your reply.

1. V4.2.7-Ender-5-32Bit-Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch-TMC2225

2. Yes I put, only the Bin file on the card, after I formatted it in Fat32.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

your file and steps are correct. alarm buzzer is a signal that the firmware has been uploaded. You can check the version information on the printer screen and see if it is the one you updated. 

"buzzer is buzzing continuously and won't turn off" is either a firmware bug or wrong firmware.

ReplyQuote
lbs
 lbs
(@lbs)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Eli, thank you for your considerate help.

I have enclosed a screeen shot. Are  there instructions any where for the correct firmware update what to do and how long it takes.

I was under the impression that the board was updated very fast.

From what I am reading, the Bios did not update.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Again thank you for your help.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@lbs As the screen info shows here, your firmware is Ender-5 Version 1.3.1. It is the firmware you uploaded. Otherwise, it would show ender 3 and something( you said you bought Silent Board V 4.2.7. unfortunately for ender 3).

More importantly, does your printer work as you expected?

ReplyQuote
lbs
 lbs
(@lbs)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I suppose it means that either I did the update wrong or it didn‘t update?

ReplyQuote
lbs
 lbs
(@lbs)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I FORMATED THE SD CARD AND PLACED THE BIN FILE ON IT. THEN INSERTED THE CARD IN THE  PRINTER AND SWITCHED IT ON.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

all the steps you did are standard and correct. And the screen info also shows the firmware you had uploaded, which is V4.2.7-Ender-5-32Bit-Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch-TMC2225.

you can remove the sd card and delete the bin file, move all the axis and try all the functions, see if the printer works properly. 

ReplyQuote
lbs
 lbs
(@lbs)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Is this  V 1.3.1 already the updated version?

If the update worked how do i get the printer to stop buzzing?

can it be that i have the wrong display? I bought my Printer from Creality in May.

ReplyQuote
lbs
 lbs
(@lbs)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Nǐ hǎo Eli,

i assebled the Printer and turned it on, the buzzing is still there. I manually moved the Print head from left to right and front too back. The buzzing is still there?

Also the BL-Touch dosen't seem to be working correctly either?

I think i am way over my head in this?! As i think i do not know what I am doing?

I hope you can help?

Zàijiàn

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@lbs ok, here's what I would do.

1.format the sd card and download the firmware

32_bit_Ender-5_4.2.7- Marlin2.0.1 – V1.1.1 – BLTouch – TMC2225 

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/ender-5/

2.copy the Bin file in the sd card

3.insert the card and turn on the printer, wait for the upload, you could send me a video of the screen when it's uploading.

4. see what happens.

5. you can always reach me on Facebook. 

ReplyQuote
mateo
(@mateo)
Active Member Registered

I have attempted to flash my new V4.2.7 board with the "V4.2.7-Ender-5-32Bit Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch-TMC2225.bin". I loaded this file onto a Fat32 formatted SD card, I put the card into my printer and powered the printer on. After powering on My BlTouch clicks but after that nothing happens. The screen is blank. The machine is an Ender 5. Please help

ReplyQuote
mateo
(@mateo)
Active Member Registered

(UPDATE1) I tried installing this version of the firmware from the> https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/ender-5/

"32bit_Ender-5_4.2.2_BLTouch_Marlin2.0.1 – V1.1.1 "

This had success in getting to the main screen however the BL Touch was unresponsive and there was no BL Touch menu. I then attempted to go back to the previous version that failed,

"V4.2.7-Ender-5-32Bit-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch-TMC2225"

This now actually booted to the main screen but with a constant loud sound coming from the speaker. I am not sure what this sound is indicating.

Further help is needed. I attempted to cover the speaker and level the bed with the BLTouch menu option. The BLTouch would not lower its sensor.

This post was modified 10 months ago by mateo

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

since your mainboard is a V4.2.7 version, it is not recommended to upload other firmware like the 4.2.2 version. On the download page, we need to look for firmware with 4.2.7 and BL touch words, in your case. You may try an older version like Marlin2.0.1 – V1.1.1 or other, see anything get better. firmware has bugs.

mateo liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2