Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Getting started - fail

lordofdork
(@lordofdork)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

After successfully assembling my Ender5+, I'm struggling to get the printer started up and levelled for the first time. The BL sensor flashes red, and bed goes down and not up, tries to measure as position one, moves over and stops at position 2 and stops there. What's going on here? Reseller asked me to update the firmware which worked fine, but didn't do anything to resolve the issue. Am I doing something wrong here? I've yet to find any detailed step by step instructions on starting the printer up for the first time and doing the levelling sequence properly without errors.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

your BL touch is flashing when power-up, which is the issue. the functional BL touch should spring the probe out and in as it is powered and the colour changes between blue and red. It's mainly caused by poor contact of the pin ends. Try to replug the cable for bl touch. 

ReplyQuote
lordofdork
(@lordofdork)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu Also tried that, no change in behaviour. Anything else I could try? Should I try manual levelling and leave the sensor unplugged?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@lordofdork ender 5+ has the BL touch by default. If you don't use BL touch, you have to change the firmware to other non-bl touch versions, which is not the best solution, since Creality doesn't have it and you need other printer's firmware for your 5+. My suggestion is to try to find out what's wrong with the BL touch( you need this feature for the rest of the printing time).

firstly, we need to find out if the BL touch's issue.

try to replug the bl touch cable ( both ends), and restart the printer, see any luck. it worked to my 5+

ReplyQuote
lordofdork
(@lordofdork)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu What in the actual fuck... I've done that a half dozen times already when checking the cabling, so for shits'n giggles I did it again as you said. And now it works and stops flashing. Whatever, it seems like its ready for a test print so I won't question it. I'll sacrifice a goat and will try my first print job. Fingers crossed...

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@lordofdork ? let me know if anything goes alright. 

ReplyQuote