Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 5 Upgrade Issue

Happytrousers
(@happytrousers)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, i have just installed the upgraded V4.2.7 board to the printer & all is well but i have now purchased the BLtoutch & i am having trouble trying to update the firmware to accommodate it.

I have tried numerous .bin files on numerous SD cards but the printer dose not accept any of them. I insert the card & turn on the printer & it just boots as normal.  It has Marlin V 1.0.1  & Creality V 4.2.7 Board.  I have tried all the 4.2.7 bin files including the V4.2.7-Ender-5-32Bit Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch-TMC2225.bin

Can anyone help please??

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@happytrousers When you try a new firmware, did you format the SD card? and rename the .bin file with a simple number? And is your SD card under 32GB?

You should use this one: Marlin2.0.1 – V1.1.1 – BLTouch(without adapter board) 

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-5/

ReplyQuote
Happytrousers
(@happytrousers)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Kevin for your reply. Have double checked all that you suggest with same outcome.

Tried 4 SD cards all under 1gb formatted to FAT32 & renamed Marlin2.0.1 – V1.1.1 – BLTouch(without adapter board).bin  to 1234.bin . Just boots as normal.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.  

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@happytrousers Have you checked that will the printer be able to read your SD card when you are going to print something?

ReplyQuote