Notifications
Clear all

Ender 5 BL Touch Installation Tutorial

Page 2 / 2

tedro7777
(@tedro7777)
New Member Registered

@eli-liu,

perhaps you can run me through on the Ender 5 Pro install and setup with the 4.2.2. board. I am having trouble with software portion and setup. I have installed the hardware and wiring, however, I can't seem to find the correct firmware to upload and I am not sure how to get everything set up once this is done. Any help would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
MrPig
(@mrpig)
Active Member Registered

@tedro7777 it appears that creality.com has updated their site.

Here is the file that I downloaded from the site last year.

You will need to add G29 code to your slicer after the G28 code, in the start section.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
MrPig
(@mrpig)
Active Member Registered

Oops...that implies that you are using the adapter card.  I didn't, as it was kind of crap.

Here's the one without the adapter card.

To use this one, I needed to require the 3 pin connector.  I can provide details that creality provided me to get it working.

ReplyQuote
MrPig
(@mrpig)
Active Member Registered

@tedro7777 here is the diagram for wiring to main board directly.

note: the 3 pin connector has been rewired.

ReplyQuote
tedro7777
(@tedro7777)
New Member Registered

@mrpig awesome! I will make adjustments now and try a fresh run-through. I did ditch the adapter card because it was junk and the cords were bulging out to the cover. Do I still need to add G29 if I skip the adapter board? 

ReplyQuote
MrPig
(@mrpig)
Active Member Registered

@tedro7777 Yes, G29 code does auto-bed leveling before printing.  

One last thing, you will have to set the Z-offset in the bed-leveling section...

Here is the video that I watched to perform this operation.

I sure like my BLtouch, hated trying to figure out bed-leveling stuff, but we all have to go through it.  at least once to appreciate the BLtouch.

ReplyQuote
tedro7777
(@tedro7777)
New Member Registered

@mrpig Hey Mrpig, thank you for all the info thus far. You mentioned you could provide me with the details that Creality provided for you going the route without the adapter card. Would you mind terribly sending me those details? Thanks so much in advance!

ReplyQuote
MrPig
(@mrpig)
Active Member Registered

@tedro7777 the photo of the 3-pin and 2-pin connections that i supplied is the documentation.  there is an empty 5-pin connector on the main board.  you can read the information (in white) on the photo and match to the information on your main board.

ReplyQuote
Klais
(@klais)
New Member Registered

Now they are distributing weapons in the same way. But I think they should be kept in check. I have often argued with many on this subject, and luckily I was able to come to a consensus later, at least for myself, and realize the magnitude of the problem when I studied studydriver.com/gun-control/ about gun control. This is the number 1 problem right now and needs to be thought about to prevent chaos.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Klais

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2