Notifications
Clear all

Ender 5 BL Touch Installation Tutorial

Page 1 / 2

Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer
Topic starter  

This tutorial works for Creality V1xxx mainboard. However, if you have a V4xxx mainboard, the uploading process will be different and easier.

David and Hankster liked
ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
drunkaard
(@drunkaard)
Nozzle Registered

Just got Ender 5 Pro with 4.2.2 board, installed BLTouch sensor, uploaded  V4.2.2-Ender-5-32bit Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch firmware using SD card and cant set Z-axis offset because of missed "Z offset" in Control-Motion menu. How to properly adjust the printer with the given board and firmware?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer
Topic starter  

@drunkaard Firstly, you can go to our Download page to get the right firmware for ender5 pro.

V4.2.2-Ender-5 Pro-32bit Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch 

It normally is the firmware's issue or bug. Try the firmware above and see if the problem goes away.

ReplyQuote
drunkaard
(@drunkaard)
Nozzle Registered

Sorry for typo, it was "V4.2.2-Ender-5 Pro-32bit Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch.bin" firmware.

ReplyQuote
powerlines2000
(@powerlines2000)
Screw Registered

Been having the same issue for weeks and "V4.2.2-Ender-5 Pro-32bit Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch.bin" Just doesn't have it in the menu.

Having a look on Reddit it seems to be a board config issue did you get it sorted?

ReplyQuote
cr_emmering
(@cr_emmering)
Screw Registered

Hi,

I installed the BLTouch on my Ender 5 with a 1.1.4 mainboard. FW was updated to 1.1.6.2BLTouchV3.1 Ender 5 8Bit. Unfortunately when choosing autolevel from the menue the left probe gets taken approx. 10 mm left from the print bed.

Is there any way to adjust this?

Thanks

Chris

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer
Topic starter  

@cr_emmering it seems like you have a problematic firmware. I am still doing a troubleshoot and find out which firmware is good and which have problems. It takes time. I can give you feedback probably end of today. 

ReplyQuote
Karloun
(@karloun)
Screw Registered

Hi,

I installed the BLTouch on my Ender 5 with a 1.1.4 mainboard. As soon as I use the autolevel and the end is centered over the bed. Once I use the autolevel and the end is centered over the bed, the BLTouch does not extend the probe and the bed does not go up, but the bed goes down 3 times (about 10mm).

Firmware was updated by file Ender-51.1.6.2BLTouchV3.1PowerLossContinueEnglish.

Do I have the right FW?  Where can the problem be?

Thanks

Charles

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer
Topic starter  

@karloun your firmware seems alright and doesn't have the over-edge levelling issue. 

nozzle head will leave a distance once it finished the auto level. you can check the screen info and see if your z value is about 10mm after the auto level. It's shouldn't be a problem.

ReplyQuote
AllenF88
(@allenf88)
Nozzle Registered

@eli-liu I have the same issue on my ender 5 pro with the v4.2 board. Added the BL touch and loaded the lastest firmware however the set z offset is no where to be found.

ReplyQuote
cantrepeat
(@cantrepeat)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @allenf88

@eli-liu I have the same issue on my ender 5 pro with the v4.2 board. Added the BL touch and loaded the lastest firmware however the set z offset is no where to be found.

If anyone's trying to do this using Marlin 2.0+, the settings have changed from X_PROBE_OFFSET, Y_PROBE_OFFSET, Z_PROBE_OFFSET, to all be combined in 'NOZZLE_TO_PROBE_OFFSET'

Dr Rockso

ReplyQuote
cantrepeat
(@cantrepeat)
Nozzle Registered

Trying to update the firmware on V1.1.5 board with 1.1.6.3 to use the BLtouch, however, when I connect the usb to ISP cable my win10 computer does not see it. Thus, the progisp program fails to find the programmer when I click read.

Are there USB drivers for win 10 that I cannot find? 

Dr Rockso

ReplyQuote
AllenF88
(@allenf88)
Nozzle Registered

@cantrepeat I tried using marlin but couldnt find the correct version to work with, kept getting incorrect eeprom, if I recall correctly. Havent had time to keep looking yet. 

ReplyQuote
cantrepeat
(@cantrepeat)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @allenf88

@cantrepeat I tried using marlin but couldnt find the correct version to work with, kept getting incorrect eeprom, if I recall correctly. Havent had time to keep looking yet. 

Yeah, I've given up on the 1.1.5 board and ordered a 4.2.7 board. From there I'll probably go with the TH3D open source firmware.

Dr Rockso

ReplyQuote
MrPig
(@mrpig)
Nozzle Registered

@drunkaard have you had any success on resolving this issue?

I have the identical setup and the Z axis will not move.  apparently the 3 pin connector is mis-wired.  re-wired it (blue and red wires need swapped), then use the 5 pin connector to plug in.  still no Z axis motion.

Very frustrating situation and not real happy with the whole thing.  No information on creality site to fix the problem.

Their videos need to explicitly address this issue.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Scroll Up