Forum

Notifications
Clear all

CP-01 Firmware update causing problems.

Rolfe
(@rolfe)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi I purchased the CP-01 in July and everything worked fine I'm new to 3D printers and I'm not up on the printer code, so please be nice.

Then came the message that there is an update which I installed.

Now this is where the fun starts, my printer now try's to print from the front left of the bed instead of the centre.

I've looked online for a possible solution but as of writing this nothing has worked.

Can anyone help with this problem, Is there a copy of the older firmware so I can go back to a working version.

Thanks in advance

Rolfe. 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

You will find the firmware here https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/cp-01/.

But I don't know this is the old one or the new one.

ReplyQuote
Rolfe
(@rolfe)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu Thank you for your reply, that is the firmware that I've installed and is causing me the problems.

Regards

Rolfe.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@rolfe I've asked our techs and they said the 1.1.6 version is the only firmware they designed for CP01. Do you remember your last version number, was it 0.0.6 or 1.1.6?

I had a strange behaviour on my old CP01 after flashing the firmware. Tried many ways. At last, I connected it to a PC and sent the M502(reset mainboard?) code to it. Everything back to perfect. 

ReplyQuote
Rolfe
(@rolfe)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu Thank you so much for your efforts, I don't remember what version was on the machine before the update.

Please can you give me the process on sending the code to the printer, I have had a look on line but I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Regards

Rolfe.

ReplyQuote
kemaluyanik
(@kemaluyanik)
Active Member Registered

Dear @eli-liu and @rolfe I wrote above chat between you :).

I believe I am really really at the beginning of the 3d printing world 🙂 and I would like to hear your suggestion regarding to my below details 🙂

On April 2020 I bought cp-01 in Turkey. Since the beginning I am having trouble with it. 

I contacted the seller many many times but they didn't give any service or any other suggestion to solve the problem.

On June 2020 I had to come back France and I couldn't take the Printer with me but end of December all my goods came to my home in France my printer too.

My main problem was levelling I was thinking but all 5 points are well set but still I can not finish any single printing even the basic ones. First I have been told that filaments I am using it not good or old so I changed it but no luck. Still either at the beginning or half way it destroys everything. Even sometimes it looks printing but filaments are not coming. so I changed the nozzle to but no luck. 

I can use laser but even I didn't tried the cnc makes me upset if it is not going to work. 🙂

I have been looking for solution on internet but there is not article on this printer. Even it is most of the time out of stock so I am thinking even the creality company knows something wrong I guess. 

My mainboard firmware version is 0.03 🙂 I download the newest version but it is not reading from the sd card. I guess my mainboard is old model and I do not know how to upgrade it. 

Can you tell me how can I upgrade it ? do I need some other tools to upgrade for connection ? regarding to this article https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/creality-3d-printer-firmware-download-guide/ .hex files can upload to printer via special connector but I can not find it to buy. In user manual there is Circuit Wiring but I can not see the mainboard version so I dont know if really I need this tools. There is micro usb port maybe it can be done from there I don't know.

I don't know what to do really and it is really annoying.   

could you pls help me?

Kindest Regards,

This post was modified 8 months ago by kemaluyanik

ReplyQuote
kemaluyanik
(@kemaluyanik)
Active Member Registered

also I found this one for connection https://www.ebay.fr/itm/10-Pin-Convert-to-Standard-6-Pin-Adapter-Board-USBASP-USBISP-AVR-Programmer-USB-/173482964198

do you think it will work ? 

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@kemaluyanik You don't have to buy anything to flash the firmware to CP O1. You can upload the firmware to the printer via CURA or other slicers. My point is it's not the firmware's problem and there is only one firmware for CPO1!

failed printing has many reasons. In fact this printer is one of my favourite printers. I faced the same problem as yours at the beginning. you need to insert the falimant deep to the hotend and see the material comes out, or the material just stuck in somewhere in the nozzle kit.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

ok, there is a newer firmware, but it will not help you with printing parts.

ReplyQuote
kemaluyanik
(@kemaluyanik)
Active Member Registered

@eli-liu

Thank you for your answer Eli 🙂

At the beginning filament stuck inside of the nozzle kit to 🙂 I pull a part and cleaned everything to make it work but still have some funny stuff going on with it. my filament tidy on it is place so it is not stopping because of it too. I don't know really what is the problem. Today I will look inside of the Z axis modules. What I notice yesterday shafts pin is moving a lot so  shafts may not stabile enough. I need to take Z axises off and from bottom part of them I need to tighten the shafts I believe. Of course I am not sure about it but will try I don't think I will loose anything. 

Also are there any articles to shows how to upload the firmware via slicers? I really don't know how to do.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

KU,

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@kemaluyanik My printer's Z-axis is loose too, but it doesn't impact the printer quality so far. You can handle it later after you figure out the printing issues.

This video is about Cr 10 printer firmware update, but it also works for the cpo1.

ReplyQuote
kemaluyanik
(@kemaluyanik)
Active Member Registered

@eli-liu Thank you soo much 🙂 you are best.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@kemaluyanik good luck with your printer ? 

ReplyQuote