Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Why Creality engineer does not Fix the VASE mode (Spiralize Outer Controur Mode on Cura) on their printer yet? (Ender 6)

Kata
 Kata
(@kata)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello, I just own my Ender 6 for a week and found that it is a very stable machine. I am really impressed by its performance.

However, when I try the VASE mode (Spiralize Outer Controur Mode on Cura), it is another story. I am never done any success print on the vase mode. After finish printing of bottom solid layers, the machine goes jerking step-by-step and not once do a continuously extrude after that.

I have stuck on this problem for several days, upgrade new firmware, trying to change any related parameters, trying other slicer etc. Before knowing that, it is a common issue that was found on other of their printer as well. (I also have tried the disabling power loss recovery (M413 S0/S1) as mentioned by Phil Free, it is no hope)

I got exactly same result with these posts.

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/community/ender-6/ender-6-doesnt-like-vase-mode/#post-3741
https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/community/cr-6-se/spiralize-outer-contour-vase-mode-feature-doesnt-work-with-cr-6-se-v2-0-1-3/#post-1208
https://forum.creality.com/topic/2452/cr-10-smart-vase-spiral-mode-not-working

Some information told me to try OctoPrint instead, it can fix the issue immediately. But I just want to simply print it without doing lots of machine modification. The issue surely came from their firmware as well as the VASE mode is not something special just a classical function that can be done by any machine. So, why the new machine like this cannot be operated in this mode? Why don’t they just fix their firmware?

I really disappoint on this, because I always print large object on VASE mode, and I upgrade my old 3d printer to Ender 6 to print the larger VASE mode object, but it seems to become nightmare right now.

So, I would like to ask people here for advice. Is there a way to fix this problem without doing lots of modification? Thank you very much for your help in advance : )

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@kata  Many people can't use vase mode on ender6. Please use this setting. 

ReplyQuote
Kata
 Kata
(@kata)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kevin

@kata  Many people can't use vase mode on ender6. Please use this setting. 

Thank you Kevin,

I have tried the profile you provided before. Unfortunately, it is just an ordinary printing profile, nothing like vase mode. I really don't understand why Creality team share this to you.

It is really funny that, it is a common issue but Creality have NOTHING to do to help their customer from suffering. I really fell bad about this : (

For now, I am printing the VASE object with fake VASE mode profile.
- Wall Line Count = 1
- Top Layer = 0
- Infill = 0%  

However, this way not give you a perfect vase. Because there will always have scares from seam position. And the print speed is not comparable to the real vase mode.

Really hope that Creality going to fix this issue soon.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@kata Then I'm sorry that there's nothing I can do about it. But your case was sent back to the Creative Technology team and they send me this.

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Trusted Member Registered

If you print from the SD card, you also invoke the resume function. That is if the power goes off during a print, you have the choice to resume. As far as I know, the printer needs to store last state so that it can resume, in case.

If you print from USB, you lose the ability to resume, but it also won't interfere with vase mode. I print from OctoPrint OctoPI, actually, and have no issues with it.

ReplyQuote