Notifications
Clear all

Using Cura 4.8 with Ender-6

DJ3DP
(@dj3dp)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

To make your new Ender-6 work with Cura 4.8, do the following:

1) Install Creality Slicer that came with the Ender-6. (no need to run it.  It is just Cura 2.0).

2) Copy the file "creality_ender6.def.json" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creality Slicer\Creality3D\resources\definitions" to "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.8.0\resources\definitions\".

3) Copy the files "creality_ender6_*.*.inst.cfg" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creality Slicer\Creality3D\resources\variants\" to C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.8.0\resources\variants\".

4) You must edit these Ender-6 ".cfg" text files.  I use NotePad.

For each file: change line #2 from "name = x.xmm" to "name = x.xmm Nozzle"

change line #7 from "settings_version = 8" to "settings_version = 16"

5) Now you can use Cura 4.8.

ReplyQuote
jm_melin@yahoo.com
(@jm_melinyahoo-com)
New Member Registered

I went through my entire box three times. I don't see anything containing an ender6 specific CURA 2.0. 

Are the  files available to download?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jm_melinyahoo-com Hi, friedn, need any helps? Sorry I did not get your point.

ReplyQuote
jm_melin@yahoo.com
(@jm_melinyahoo-com)
New Member Registered

@kevin it seems I did not get the SD card with Cura 4.1 and the ender 6 specific settings for it.

so I am looking for the necessary cura settings/control files for cura 4.8 and ender 6. 

ReplyQuote
Power
(@power)
Active Member Registered

Hi all!

There is an easier way, select in the CURA, Ender 5 settings and edit the build size 250 * 250 * 400

ReplyQuote
jm_melin@yahoo.com
(@jm_melinyahoo-com)
New Member Registered

@kevin isn't there supposed to be settings changes to the default ender 5 profile that take advantage of the theoretically faster printing speed of ender 6?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jm_melinyahoo-com It works with the method above. But that is not the most suitable settings for Ender-6. You better add the attached profiles at "Manage Printer" in Cura and choose this profile when you slice something.

ReplyQuote
jm_melin@yahoo.com
(@jm_melinyahoo-com)
New Member Registered

@kevin thank you. Ran the first test. Something is definitely wrong. Maybe bed leveling issue or something else but I think it’s correct. 

roughly half the print didn’t start. Seems like excess material came out also.

You can see that it tried to do the full circle. Can you recommend a bed level test print? I recall one being made of 4 squares about three or 4 layers thick but I cant recall where I saw it.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jm_melinyahoo-com I usually use this one for testing. But before testing, I use the paper ? ?The test print is just for a slight adjustment.

ReplyQuote
tangerine
(@tangerine)
Trusted Member Registered

I don't know why there seem to be two different 'official' Creality forums but I found this on the other one which has a link to files to install an Ender 6 profile to Cura for both Mac and PC. As a novice, I can't speak with any authority but it seems to work for me on a Mac.

https://forum.creality.com/topic/1493/ender-6-in-cura-4-8-0-possible-solution

ReplyQuote
jordanthompson
(@jordanthompson)
New Member Registered

@dj3dp Great explanation - thank you!

Note that for Cura 4.11.0, the lines should read:

setting_version = 17

ReplyQuote