Notifications
Clear all

Ender-6 Source Code

isycat
(@isycat)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

(There's no topic for Ender-6, nor an item on firmware service. It looks like Creality are not giving this one the same support as the others)

@eli-liu could we please get Ender 6 source code like we have for e3v2 and cr6?

Got dealt a dud extruder and am happier with direct-drive anyway but I need to change the thermistor (offsets etc. would be a bonus)

I have tried latest bugfix-2.0.x, as well as adapting e3v2 and cr6 source, but can't get the dwin stuff for the LCD to work at all with my Ender 6, and legally (Marlin's GPLv3) we really should have access to source anyway!

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin

@isycat Both this forum and Creality.com can only receive whatever the R&D provides. I can add Ender 6 topic section in a few minutes but I cannot ask them for the source code. 

ReplyQuote
isycat
(@isycat)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Okay, thanks for the info. I had assumed the situation to be different from seeing you post the firmware. 

Would you happen to know how I could go about requesting it? 

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin

@isycat Users asked me the same questions before and I suggest you post a request on the FB group and gather more users to let Creality realize your needs. I feel powerless and sorry for not providing all the firmware to the customers. 

ReplyQuote
fritz194
(@fritz194)
Screw Registered

Same story - very happy  - but want to use it with different hot-end + change or calibrate PID... will try on FB.

ReplyQuote
jan141282
(@jan141282)
Nozzle Registered

Fritz194,

If you can give a link of your facebook message I will support the topic on facebook

ReplyQuote
jan141282
(@jan141282)
Nozzle Registered

I have just made a post on Facebook please make comments on it

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by jan141282

ReplyQuote
showa_211
(@showa_211)
Nozzle Registered

Hi, seems like there is no source code yet, but how come? I also posted under your facebook post and send creality a message, not sure why nobody who makes a review about this printer is mentioning this part or why people are not pushing it a bit more.

With Ender 6 creality uses a new mainboard v. 4.3.1 and i as a newbee i see that without a source adjustments/mods are not really possible.

Btw i have a strange behaviour as my software stopps are ignored on octoprint but not on the ender 6 touch, not sure if i am doing something wrong but it seems it can happen if in the firmware for bltouch all software end stopps are disabled like someone mentioned here:

[SOLVED] Ender 5 Pro smacks Y-axis way outside bounding box - Get Help - OctoPrint Community Forum

i checked with M211 (+M120, m121 and M206) and they should be enabled. 

Maybe Creality used an old/bugy Marlin version on Ender6 or i do not get it yet what is causing it...

ReplyQuote
jan141282
(@jan141282)
Nozzle Registered

Crealty is pushing al kinds of new printers of the line whit out developing them threw and threw.

If the keep up like this (bad support) the will destroy there name that they have build wit the ender 3!

About your question I don't use octoprint jet sorry!

ReplyQuote
showa_211
(@showa_211)
Nozzle Registered

Hello a guy just hinted me this:

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Configurations/tree/import-2.0.x/config/examples/Creality/Ender-6

Will check tomorrow but as far as i read, this is what we are looking for? For LCD, one would need some adaptions but i think it is doable.

ReplyQuote
isycat
(@isycat)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

The issue with that is it involves building the UI from scratch, which is not something I'll be doing.

Creality really should be releasing the source as per Marlin's license.

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Heating Block Registered

@isycat

Posted by: @isycat

I have tried latest bugfix-2.0.x, as well as adapting e3v2 and cr6 source, but can't get the dwin stuff for the LCD to work at all with my Ender 6, and legally (Marlin's GPLv3) we really should have access to source anyway!

Posted by: @isycat

Creality really should be releasing the source as per Marlin's license

Just an FYI.

The GPL does not require anyone to release the source code modifications. Only the source code they used. There is a difference, and Creality, I believe, as I am not a lawyer, is within their rights as they have made the Marlin source code available. As far as I know the Ender 6 firmware is Marlin 1.0.2 based.

ReplyQuote
isycat
(@isycat)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @harkon

Just an FYI.

The GPL does not require anyone to release the source code modifications. Only the source code they used. There is a difference, and Creality, I believe, as I am not a lawyer, is within their rights as they have made the Marlin source code available. As far as I know the Ender 6 firmware is Marlin 1.0.2 based.

This is only true for internal/unreleased versions.

License propagation is one of the core features of the GPL, and as a result the modified source is required to be made available to users.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Heating Block Registered

@isycat

Thanks for the clarification. I had to go back and do some reading and if the firmware released is derivative of the GPL software, then it is also bound by the same GPL licence. I haven't looked at Marlin at all and have no idea what is required to give it "personality" but if they altered, deleted, or added any code, then you are correct, they do need to legally, make the source code, as the source of the binary released, available. It does appear they are in violation of law at this point.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up