Notifications
Clear all

Ender 6 "Silent Mainboard"

kozmic
(@kozmic)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I see a "Silent Mainboard" being sold on Amazon for the Ender 6 (along with a BLT kit), but I also see that the webpage for the Ender 6 already states "ultra silent printing".

Can anyone tell me if this is replacement is for earlier versions, and if a newly purchased Ender 6 will already come with the updated "Silent Mainboard" already installed (or will I need to buy and replace)?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@kozmic The newly purchased Ender 6 will install 32bits V4.3.1 mainboard,which is a silent board. Not sure the for earlier version ender 6.

ReplyQuote
kozmic
(@kozmic)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Okay, thank you for confirming. 👍 

ReplyQuote
jrjr
 jrjr
(@jrjr)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @kevin

@kozmic The newly purchased Ender 6 will install 32bits V4.3.1 mainboard,which is a silent board. Not sure the for earlier version ender 6.

I just got my Ender 6. The main board is 4.3.1. This is NOT a silent main board! X and Y are pretty quiet, but not silent. Z and especially E are VERY NOISY. This is due to the fact of the 2208 are only installed on X and Y while Z and E have the A4988 stepper drivers. E is driving me CRAZY with all the high pitched noise!!!

This is FALSE ADVERTISING!

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by jrjr

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@jrjr Hello, friend. I can not say you are wrong but you're not entirely correct. As you mentioned, X and Y are silent drivers. Z and E are moving slowly so the noise should be very small even with A4988 stepper drivers. 
Could you please check where is the high-pitched noise comes from? Driver or Extruder itself? Thank you.

ReplyQuote
crankyev
(@crankyev)
New Member Registered

do creality sell new 4.3.7 mainboards as i fried mine recently hooking up the usb cable(fried my computer as well!). web site only lists the 4.2.7 version but doesn't list the ender6 in the description. Is there any one on this forum that can tell me how to buy one here in australia as creality list the board (4.2.7)as unavailable for purchase here.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@crankyev Hi, Currently there is no 4.3.1 mainboard for sale. You can contact customer service if your mainboard is broken and want to get a replacement.

ReplyQuote
jrjr
 jrjr
(@jrjr)
Active Member Registered

@jrjr Hello, friend. I can not say you are wrong but you're not entirely correct. As you mentioned, X and Y are silent drivers. Z and E are moving slowly so the noise should be very small even with A4988 stepper drivers. 
Could you please check where is the high-pitched noise comes from? Driver or Extruder itself? Thank you.

The annoying high pitched noise is when printing something with frequent retractions. Normal extrusion is ok but retraction is VERY noisy. Retraction speed is fast and frequent in some cases. The point is that you advertised a silent board with 2988 drivers and that is only half true!! Please send me a board with all 4 2988 drivers. It seems you have produced them as per the video above.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@jrjr I am not sure they have produced that with all 4 2988. Please contact the official service to confirm.

ReplyQuote
jrjr
 jrjr
(@jrjr)
Active Member Registered

@jrjr I am not sure they have produced that with all 4 2988. Please contact the official service to confirm.

Ok I will thanks.

Next question. I would like to add a BL Touch but I understand that there is no way to store the mesh and a 25 point has to be done for every print. Will a firmware revision be coming to save the mesh to eeprom and retrieve that at start of a print? Also would be nice to have the option of 9 point measuring too.

ReplyQuote