Clear all

Ender 6 Reference points

aido
 aido
(@aido)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone!

I have 3 issues with my Ender 6 firmware.

1) When I stop printing, hotend remains locked and can not move. Also after stopping I have to turn off the printer, move hotend to the zero point (0, 0) and turn it on again. It would be nice if hotend goes to the zero point after stopping by default.

2) Also I set up 3DTouch and tried to measure hotbed heights. I see that 3DTouch can measure surface heights but it can measure only first row of five. It means that I see on the screen how 3d touch moves around the hotbed surface but in reality it does not change Y coordinate.

3) It is very annoying to set hotend to the zero point by hand after any print. By default it checks only X-axis zero but not Y-axis zero. So if I leave hotend not at the zero point, then it will hammer printer frame.

Firmware version: 1.0.4.9.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@aido It seems that all printers will not move the hot end to the zero points (0, 0) when stop printing.

ReplyQuote
Jenser80
(@jenser80)
New Member Registered

@aido I have the same Problems with my E6. Do you already have solutions?

ReplyQuote
Arch01com
(@arch01com)
New Member Registered

@aido Fairly new to this machine but here's what I got.

1) So, first of all we need to on the same page. When you say "I have to turn off the printer, move hot end to the zero point (0, 0) and turn it on again" I think you mean that you manually move the print head to the back right of the printer which is X260,Y260. The center of the bed would be X130,Y130,Z0 or more specifically the center of the bed with the nozzle almost touching the bed. I'm using Cura for a slicer and the End G code that it came with automatically moves the head to 5mm in both the X and Y directions relative to the last position when it finishes printing. I have changed my End G-Code to move my bed to the bottom of the printer and the print head to the X250, Y250 (rear right corner) position when the print is complete by inserting G1 X250 Y250 Z400 F3000 when the print is done. G1 is a linear code movement and this is all inserted after the G90 absolute positioning code so X250 Y250 Z400 moves the print head and bed to those positions at 3000 MM/S

2) I'm honestly not sure what to tell you here. If it otherwise moves the head in all X and Y directions but for some reason does not when you try to auto level then I'd probably be looking to flash the firmware because it clearly can move in the Y direction, it just isn't.

3) I'm in the same boat here as on number 2 because mine does not do this, in fact when I hit the home button it goes to the limit switch on the X first, stops, then goes all the way to the Y limit switch (rear right corner) then resets to the center of the bed to use the Bltouch to check the Z 0. Again, perhaps an update on firmware will alleviate this problem being that it seems like you have an issue with your printer moving in the Y direction for both your 2nd and 3rd problems. 

For reference, my End G-code looks like this

G91 ;Relative positionning

G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract a bit

G1 E-2 Z0.2 F2400 ;Retract and raise Z

G1 X5 Y5 F3000 ;Wipe out

G1 Z10 ;Raise Z more

G90 ;Absolute positionning

G28 X Y ;Present print

M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan

M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend

M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed

G1 X250 Y250 Z400 F3000