Notifications
Clear all

Ender 6 extruder motor not working anymore

RuMarSiEs
(@rumarsies)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hello all,

I can't find a topic for the Ender 6, so...

I received my Ender 6 last week, and after finishing my last print (15,5h) everything looks fine.

But when starting a new print the extruder motor is not working anymore.

And sending the printer to home position the X movement is not working (with al lot of noise).

Upgrading to the latest firmware 1.0.4.9 was not the solution.

Is there anything I can try?

Kind regards, Ruud

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@rumarsies It seems like the stepper driver or mainboard issue. Could you share a video of this problem here? We don't have too much information or feedback on Ender 6. Also, you can contact the after-sale for details.

ReplyQuote
jchbrun
(@jchbrun)
Nozzle Registered

@rumarsies

I have the same problem in my Ender 6

I just received it 2 days ago,  updated the firmawe, did 3 prints. excellent.

today, the extruder motor is not pushing the filament.

any idea ?

rgs

jc

ReplyQuote
jchbrun
(@jchbrun)
Nozzle Registered

I tried to test the extruder motor by connecting it to the Y motor just beside.

extruder motor works. then no pb on this side.

I heard that there is a thermal protection and the extruder cannot be operated if the nozzle in less that 170-180°C. when I try to use the filament refill fonction, the nozzle is at 195°C, but the fonction doesn't push the filament.

any idea ?

ReplyQuote
RuMarSiEs
(@rumarsies)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply’s.

My problem is solved, it was the connector on the main cable from the mainboard to the small pcb with all the connectors to the x motor, the extruder motor etc.

Because of the connector is on the under site of the small pcb the weight of the cable and maybe vibrations had loose the connector a little and caused strange behaviour to the x motor and mallfunctioning of the extruder motor. 

Push in the connector again and fixed with a ty-rap to prevent to happen again and my Ender 6 works as before!

I hope this will help you all too.

Kind regards, Ruud

This post was modified 3 months ago by RuMarSiEs

ReplyQuote
tarkanak
(@tarkanak)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @jchbrun

I tried to test the extruder motor by connecting it to the Y motor just beside.

extruder motor works. then no pb on this side.

I heard that there is a thermal protection and the extruder cannot be operated if the nozzle in less that 170-180°C. when I try to use the filament refill fonction, the nozzle is at 195°C, but the fonction doesn't push the filament.

any idea ?

Hi there, I have the same problem.

I bought an Ender-6 printer 2 months ago. During this period, I got several quality prints. But for the past week, the Extruder hasn't been working in any way.

First, I unplugged the 3D printer and waited and tried again but it didn't work.

Then I thought maybe it could be caused by the motherboard driver update. The printer came from the factory with version 1.0.4. I had installed the latest version 1.0.4.9 driver. I replaced this driver with the 0.0.4 driver on the SDCard that came with the printer. This didn't run the extruder either.

As the last solution, I changed the cables of the Y motor and the Extruder motor. With this action, the extruder worked. But when I restore it, the problem persists.

Is there anyone to suggest anything to solve this situation?

Thanks in advance,

This post was modified 2 months ago by tarkanak

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up