Notifications
Clear all

Ender 6 doesn't like Vase Mode

Page 1 / 2

Von W
(@von-w)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I have been using my Ender 6 for almost 2 months now and I am very satisfied with it. Yesterday I wanted to print in Vase Mode for the first time and things go wrong. The print result is anything but useful, it has a very irregular surface, the printhead also moves very irregularly where you expect it to go very smooth in Vase Mode. In one photo you see the pieces in vase mode at the front and the same pieces printed at the back in normal mode with 0% infill, these are very smooth. The slicer used is Cura. In the preview you can see that the layers are correct and do not show any irregularities, but the printer does not do what it is expected to do. In the other photo you see a small white piece printed with the Ender 6, here the same problem, the gray piece is an identical piece printed with identical GCODE but with my 5 year old ANET6 printer. This result is what it should be.
I hope someone here can advise me because the intention is to print more in Vase Mode in the future.

ReplyQuote
Von W
(@von-w)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Apparently I can only upload one photo per post, here is the photo of the different result between ENDER 6 and Anet6

ReplyQuote
Litebrowser
(@litebrowser)
Screw Registered

I am getting the same results. Vase mode works horrible and takes very long time. At first I was thinking that there is something wrong with my slicing, but given the fact that you've used the same GCODE for both printers and it worked fine with the other, shows that the problem is within Ender-6 firmware. 

ReplyQuote
Von W
(@von-w)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you, that's the information I've been waiting for, Now I'm not alone anymore with the problem. It is probably in the firmware that there is a bug. Any other printer on which it is tested works without problems. A few days ago I sent a contact form explaining the problem to Creality3D but so far I have not received an answer.

What I can say is that the problem only occurs on the curved pieces, printing straight lines is without problems. it appears that the printer pauses after each segment of the arc without stopping the filler feeder causing blobs.

Hope there will be a solution soon.

Dirk

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Cooling Fan Registered

Some research on this has found that turning off recovery will result in a much better result. It has something to do with committing progress to the SD card. Issue G-Code to do that before and you can re-enable afterwards.

**edit**

Some experimentation has revealed that recovery/resume on or off makes no difference. After a bit of experimentation, I can get really nice prints.

ReplyQuote
newpaton
(@newpaton)
Nozzle Registered

Yes, I also have this problem. My vases are curved so Impossible to use Ender 6 with spiralize. And not only spiralize, if i print these curved shapes regularly they also dont print ;( basically almost all the shapes I usually print  successfully on the ENDER 3 do not work on Ender 6. 

ReplyQuote
newpaton
(@newpaton)
Nozzle Registered

@harkon Nice prints in vase mode? how did you manage to do that?

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Cooling Fan Registered

@newpaton

It's been a while now, and I'm  in the middle of a fairly big project right now, so it will be a few days before I can pick this up again. When I'm done the current project, I will take a look at what I had done in the past and replicate it. I'll post my findings here.

This is a picture of my first successful attempt with the spiralize mode.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 4 times by Harkon

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@von-w Hope you can share when the Creality team replied. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
newpaton
(@newpaton)
Nozzle Registered

@harkon This is a lovely vase! Yes, please. Your help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

ReplyQuote
Von W
(@von-w)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Yes, I have received an answer. They assumed the error was somewhere in my settings and asked for some more information about it. I didn't feel like playing a yes no game. That's why I just deleted the mail. I think there are already enough people who have reported this problem, this is all over the WWW and should be enough to shake them up. I no longer feel the need to print in vase mode, I thought I would be usefull the technique to print RC planes, but I came up with another technique that works. I remain very satisfied with my Ender 6, only sorry about the vase mode, but that problem is no longer urgent for me.

Dirk

3nderUser liked
ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@von-w It is a pity that you did not find the answer here but glad to hear you figure out other way.

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Cooling Fan Registered

@von-w Vase mode has some restrictions as to what can and cannot be accomplished. I assume you have, but in case you have not, you should first determine if what you want to accomplish is even possible with vase mode ... on any printer.

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Cooling Fan Registered

Just finishing a print with spiralize turned on.

I think it looks pretty good. There are some fine adjustments that need to be made, I think  my rollers all need replacing, but I think it's looking pretty good.

I'll post a finished picture tomorrow from a few different angles. I can post the CURA 3MF file as well if you wish. I believe it contains all of the settings as Cura used them.

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)
Cooling Fan Registered

Here's the final result

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Scroll Up