Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Edit eeprom setting ender 6

CenGo
(@cengo)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello I bought the Ender 6 and converted it directly to a bmg extruder. But I would like to transfer the esteps to the eeprom. My problem at the moment is that I have no way of using the USB port because the printer and the PC are very far apart. I cannot edit the eeprom.dat on the sd card, e.g. with notepad ++. Does somebody still have an idea. Do I have to use pronterface? I have the esteps in the gcode but e.g. changing filament via the menu cannot be used because the extruder rotates very slowly and it takes a long time to get the filament through the tube.

ReplyQuote
crealitytouch34
(@crealitytouch34)
Active Member Registered

@cengo

Mabye use laptop to update it?

ReplyQuote
CenGo
(@cengo)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I solved my problem by using a raspberry pi with octoprint.

ReplyQuote
WimJanse
(@wimjanse)
New Member Registered

@cengo 

I'm facing same issue with my CR-6, changed extruder to BMG type. I have the CR-6 connected to a RasPi with Octoprint, but cannot find how to edit the EEPROM data / esteps or extrusion rate with Octoprint. Can you help my please and explain how to use Octoprint for this (I presently have a temp solution by increasing the feedrate in my slicing program (Simplify3D), but prefer to have the solution in the printer itself). For info, I'm using the Creality software for the moment (just bought the printer), might switch to the community software in the coming weeks

ReplyQuote