Notifications
Clear all

Don't load Firmware

Power
(@power)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone!

Such a problem, when I turn on the printer, the boot screen appears and nothing happens. if I turn it off and turn on back, then nothing happens either, the boot screen is at 0%. It only helps to write the firmware to the USB flash drive and boot through it. This is a little annoying. It is necessary to flash the printer every time.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@power Do you mean you have to flash the firmware by using a USB flash drive every time when turn on the printer? Otherwise, the printer can not start on? 

ReplyQuote
Power
(@power)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Yes!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@power Initially, I think the problem is the motherboard, to further confirm, you can unplug the connectors on the motherboard to exclude interference from other devices.

Power on the printer, if it appears the same situation, which indicates that the motherboard chip itself got something wrong.

If the printer can boot normally after unplugged the other devices, then you can connect the wires back to the motherboard in sequence, to see which part has the problem.

ReplyQuote
mark.attanasio@gmail.com
(@mark-attanasiogmail-com)
New Member Registered

Woke up to the same problem this morning.  Built printer this weekend. Did some test prints and shut down for the night. Turn on this morning to a splash screen and nothing else.  Can the 6 flash from the SD Card or will it need to be torn apart to access the board directly?

ReplyQuote
mark.attanasio@gmail.com
New Member Registered

Here is the fix.  Fresh format the SD card, only upload the .bin file. Rename the bin file to firmware.bin .  

forum.creality.com  is the forum that actually has answers on it. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mark-attanasiogmail-com Many users may forget the step "Rename the bin file".

ReplyQuote
mark.attanasio@gmail.com
New Member Registered

@kevin since Creality has published almost no directions on updating and none of which say "rename file", no wonder.  I spent several hours scouring the web to find directions for other versions of machines and trying them out. They have made zero available for the Ender 6 model, the closest is the Ender 5 Pro..where I actually found the fix.

The other forum I listed has a lot more info on the 6 than this one.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mark-attanasiogmail-comc You are right. Ast his forum started 6 months ago, the Ender6 information is not too much but it is growing up. Hope more and more people could share their own experience here.

ReplyQuote
Power
(@power)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

It only helps to flash the motherboard before you turn it off. Then you need to re-flash the motherboard via SD Card.

ReplyQuote
travpilot96
(@travpilot96)
New Member Registered

@kevin this is from my reddit post a couple days ago, maybe it can help you and others 🙂 

"

I got it! So if anyone’s using the brown,red,yellow,black, white wires, at the daughter board the white wire should be facing you, at the BLTouch the brown wire should be facing you. I unplugged my BLtouch at the daughter board and plugged in the Zstop.

I just happened to have mine that way, so I cleared 2 8gb SD cards, loaded the newest bl touch firmware onto 1 card but named it “10.bin” and loaded it into Ender 6. After 20-30 seconds it loaded the menu. I turned the device off and unplugged it.

I then unplugged the Zstop, and plugged in my BLTouch. Put in my 2nd completely blank SD card, Plugged in my device, turned power on. Bam.

"

But honestly, the BLTouch is a pain in the ass! Doesnt seem to save your settings, so every print im having to manually level! About to uninstall it until a new firmware comes out fixing this. Seems alot of others are currently and been having this same issue

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@travpilot96 https://www.creality3dofficial.com/collections/accessories/products/bl-touch-auto-bed-leveling-sensor-for-ender-6   There is BL-touch kits for Ender6, so I think that the BL-touch firmware is corresponding prepared. Did you download and flash this one from the link?

ReplyQuote
Jacksprat21
(@jacksprat21)
New Member Registered

Hello,  I upgraded from my endr 3 Pro to the ender 6 a few months back and after many times of stripping my hotend etc on the 3 I like to think I am more than capable of upgrading the firmware as I have done many times before... no nada Defford no.lol I tried to change the hotend and accidentally touched the two fan wires and it crackled and went off.  I have spent weeks stuck on the screen with the loading bar not moving and used all the different firmware files except the bl touch ones as I don't have it. On pronterface it just keeps going through the same things about sd card fine eprom fine and  repeats that again and again but will not accept any of the  firmware versions in any of the scenarios and fixes that may be helpful.  The motherboard still seems to boot up but has no blue light,just a red and a green one? I also followed every second of the videos from th3 etc and marlin and compiled with success in the compiled but nothing.  Any ideas at all please? 

ReplyQuote
aprilrain
(@aprilrain)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @travpilot96

@kevin this is from my reddit post a couple days ago, maybe it can help you and others 🙂 

"

I got it! So if anyone’s using the brown,red,yellow,black, white wires, at the daughter board the white wire should be facing you, at the BLTouch the brown wire should be facing you. I unplugged my BLtouch at the daughter board and plugged in the Zstop.

I just happened to have mine that way, so I cleared 2 8gb SD cards, loaded the newest bl touch firmware onto 1 card but named it “10.bin” and loaded it into Ender 6. After 20-30 seconds it loaded the menu. I turned the device off and unplugged it.

I then unplugged the Zstop, and plugged in my BLTouch. Put in my 2nd completely blank SD card, Plugged in my device, turned power on. Bam.

"

But honestly, the BLTouch is a pain in the ass! Doesnt seem to save your settings, so every print im having to manually level! About to uninstall it until a new firmware comes out fixing this. Seems alot of others are currently and been having this same issue

BLtouch flash gone wrong - YOU Saved my life, as I did not rename the file the ender 6 stayed on the splash screen, I tried renaming to firmware.bin and it would do nothing but stay on the splash.

Renaming to 10.bin fixed it and it flashed and loaded normally so a really big thank you to, as this is a work machine you saved me from having to explain why we needed to return it for a replacement.

ReplyQuote