Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Difference between CR series and Ender series

tangerine
(@tangerine)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

This isn't so important now that I have bought an Ender 6 but when I was shopping around, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the difference between the Ender series and the CR series of printers. I asked the question of several search engines but either nobody had asked before or the information was simply not discussed. I just scanned through the specs of a number of printers in both series but I can't see an obvious difference. Is there a difference?

ReplyQuote
tangerine
(@tangerine)
Topic starter  

Interesting lack of response.

Either everybody is too polite to make me look stupid or nobody knows.

ReplyQuote
Power
(@power)
Active Member Registered

@tangerine Hello Also, before buying Ender 6, I tried to find out which is better than the CR series or Sermoon D1 and did not find an answer. Some models do not write the print speed. Marketing...

ReplyQuote
Harkon
(@harkon)

@tangerine

I believe nobody knows. It's marketing really. The Ender 6 has and advantage some other cube printers don't have and that is that it has walls. The amount of rigidity that can add cannot be overstated. But why the 2 different series is anyone's guess. Now really 3 series. My best guess is that the naming conventions were not really well thought out. My bet is that the CR started out as the legacy, established product and the Ender as the hobbies first printer. I think that has changed some and the lines blurred.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

Noone discussed it because there is nothing to discussed. Creality named their two series machine line and updated both of them every year. Like cellphone. HUAWEI Have Glory Series and Meta series. The CR series enter the market with a larger and more expensive positioning. CR means Creality. Such a surprise?  But many other manufacturers cut the configuration to reduce costs. So Crealiy made the Ender series printer, which is the highest cost-effective DIY machine of Creality. Ender means terminator, no one can make a better cost-effective printer than Enders. The dragon symbol means the NO.1 in Chinese.

ReplyQuote
tangerine
(@tangerine)
Topic starter  

So, it's all guff! In some ways, it kind of reminds me of times when I tried to organise the files of two businesses which crossed into each other on the same computer. But using the word, 'series' strongly implies that they have something in common.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@tangerine I can not agree more. LoL. ? 

ReplyQuote