Notifications
Clear all

Cura 4.9 and Ender 6

tangerine
(@tangerine)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

Just in case anybody is tempted to install Cura 4.9 hoping that it will have an embedded profile for the Ender 6, I just downloaded it and checked the contents of the package, specifically the definitions, and there isn't an Ender 6 definition (see screen shot).

So, if you want to use Cura 4.9, you will have to either create your own or follow a procedure like the one outlined here:

kevin liked
ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@tangerine Thanks for sharing!

ReplyQuote
EnderX
(@enderx)
Eminent Member Registered

I have successfully used the attached settings for Cura 4.9.0

If anyone has any better suggestions, please post them.

ReplyQuote
tangerine
(@tangerine)
Topic starter  

There is no Ender 6 profile in Cura 4.9.1 either.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@tangerine Yes. Ender 6 got a small user base.

ReplyQuote
tangerine
(@tangerine)
Topic starter  

There are 367 printer definitions inside the Cura app, so there must be quite a few supported printers with small user bases.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@tangerine We'll just have to wait and see.

ReplyQuote
makerbot
(@makerbot)
New Member Registered

Hi, if anyone still struggling with Ender 6 profile you can copy the files attached to the respective folders in: C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.9.1\resources

You need to close Cura before doing this and i did not have to uninstall it.

To help you not loose you settings do a backup of your Cura settings under /extensions/cura backups in the top bar in Cura. If it breaks your program just uninstall cura and reinstall.

I take no responsibility for any damages, but these settings were adapted from the latest creality slicer 4.8.

Hope it can help someone a little.... there are files for Ender 3 V2 and Ender 6

ReplyQuote
tangerine
(@tangerine)
Topic starter  

@makerbot I'm on a Mac but I think those are the same files which are linked in the article I in my original post.

ReplyQuote
jrjr
 jrjr
(@jrjr)
Active Member Registered

The above process didn't work out for me. It did bring up an Ender 6 profile but it wasn't working correctly. When changing filament for example from pla to petg the values didn't change. Values such as temp and things should change accordingly but didn't.

I just made a new profile and carefully copied the settings from Creality slicer to Cura 4.9.1 and have been using it successfully ever since. Not that hard. You will have to tweak anyway so there's that.....

kevin liked
ReplyQuote
stasch
(@stasch)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @makerbot

Hi, if anyone still struggling with Ender 6 profile you can copy the files attached to the respective folders in: C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.9.1\resources

You need to close Cura before doing this and i did not have to uninstall it.

To help you not loose you settings do a backup of your Cura settings under /extensions/cura backups in the top bar in Cura. If it breaks your program just uninstall cura and reinstall.

I take no responsibility for any damages, but these settings were adapted from the latest creality slicer 4.8.

Hope it can help someone a little.... there are files for Ender 3 V2 and Ender 6

This process worked for me, I added the files and added a new printer in Cura.  I sliced my first file with these settings, lets hold thumbs 🙂

ReplyQuote
solitariolp
(@solitariolp)
New Member Registered

Ty

ReplyQuote